Chapter 1 The mysterious guest (1)

It was a fine sunny day, the forest of darkness is warm and the day is just starting.

Outside the majestic black castle in the middle of the forest of darkness, there were four beings that were busy taking care of a plot of land.

It was Cale in his farmer clothes, together with the children Raon, On and Hong. They woke up early to start their plan for farming.

"The morning breeze is a bit cold nya!" On said and looked at the fog that she made when she talked.

"Human wear more layers!" Raon reacted immediately and used his thermal magic to regulate Cale's temperature.

"that's right nya!" Hong said and looked at them taking care of Cale.

'This children, I'm fine and yet the three of them were worrying for every little thing,' Cale inwardly sigh before he looked at the land that was plowed yesterday by Choi Han and him.

They did it from afternoon to evening because the hard and contaminated soil of the Forest of Darkness are hard to till.

Cale went to the small shed that Ron build for him and took the basket of plant seedlings from the top shelf and went outside.

"Its time to plant," Cale smiled at the three children holding shovels.

Inside the black castle, most of the retainers inside were already awake. The Blue wolves were already at the training arena and taking lessons with Sherlitt-nim and their big brother Lock. Inside the kitchen, Beacrox was busy cooking breakfast for everyone while getting help from his father, Ron. Mary, Choi Han and Rosalyn were all training by themselves in a room for meditation.

It was around eight a.m. when Beacrox went outside and called Cale and the children inside for breakfast.

Cale took off his gloves and boots before holding the clean that Roan got from his spatial dimension.

"All of you wash your hands and feet before going to the dining room." Beacrox said sternly before he went back inside. Ron who followed his son, smiled benignly towards Cale and assisted the four of them to take a bath.

After taking a bath and changing Cale's clothes, all of them went to the dining room and saw that everyone were already seated.

Cale sat at the head's seat and made a small cough.

"Sorry, I made everyone wait. Let's eat," Cale said and took a sip of the Lemon Tea that Ron prepared for him. Everyone enthusiastically eat, enjoying the food and silence.

It was like that until halfway their breakfast when the communication device from Raon's spatial dimension started ringing.

Raon wiped his paws before he took the communication device to his paws.

"Human! It's from the Crown Prince," Raon said and tilted his head, why is he contacting them right now?

However Cale was only feeling dread and uneasiness as he looking at the red blinking lights of the communication device.

"Connect it," Cale resigned to his fate and let Raon connect the call.

"Cale Henituse,"

Suddenly the air inside the dining room went down and everyone focused on the solemn expression of the Crown Prince.

"Crown Prince Alberu Crossman, our light and-"

"Cale, There's a problem," Alberu cut his yapping before solemnly looking at the face of this bastard.

He looks handsome albeit being pale and looking sickly after the final battle, aside from that, he had numerous achievements as a noble of the Roan Kingdom and as a Hero of the Western and Eastern Continent... However...

"How can you be so lucky?!" Alberu couldn't help but sigh in frustration and looked at the bewildered expression of Cale, Ron, and Beacrox who were both behind their young master.

"Excuse me?" Cale however, was just as confused as the others while he looked at the frustrated face of the Crown Prince. Why was he suddenly saying such things with an unwilling look on his face? Did he perhaps find his work bothersome and wanted to e a slacker like him?

"I- *sigh* Never mind, just wait for the good news from your parents,"- The Crown Prince said before looking at the bewildered look on Cale's face.

"You're not unlucky anymore, But damn it I'm envious!" Alberu said with a smile through his gritted teeth before the video call ended.

Cale was sitting there confused like everyone else while looking at the empty space. What does the crown prince mean about his words?

"Lets just resume eating," Cale shook his head and just left it all at the back of his mind. Why does he need to worry about it now when the Crown Prince said that he will hear it from his parents? no need to think too deeply.

Everyone resumed eating and all was peaceful until the end of the breakfast. They all went back to their trainings and other things while Cale and the three children went back to farming.

It was around lunchtime when Ron called him inside to receive the news from the soldiers that his mother, not his father, sent to fetch him.

Cale looked at three soldiers who were looking at him with awe-struck eyes and he could help but frown at this.

"Young master, the Duchess wants you to go back to the Duchy to receive the Crown Prince's news. Please leave the farming land to me and the children while you are away," Ron said with a benign smile.

"Hmm? You're not coming with me?" Cale suddenly turned around and asked Ron with a dumbfounded and  curious look on his face. Ron gave him an eyes-closed smile before shaking his head no.

"Human! I'm coming with you!" Raon said and went to his side.

"Don't worry Grandpa Ron, I will take care of our Human!"Raon said farewell to Ron along with On and Hong before going inside the carriage with Cale.

'Odd, what's wrong with Ron? why did he not come with me? and he didn't even ask anyone else to come with me back to the Duchy... Well its not lie my life is in danger at this peaceful era...' Cale sighed and massaged his throbbing temple, somehow, he can feel that something is amiss at the same time he doesn't think it was something big.

'Ah whatever! Let's just wait and hear the news,'Cale thought and relaxed his tensed shoulders before looking outside the carriage windows.

Many townspeople were busy with their daily activities and some children who spotted his carriage waved at his way with their goofy smiles on their faces.

Cale frowned a bit before shutting the windows down and hiding from the enthusiastic people of the Henituse Duchy.