Chapter 20: Incurable Curse (1)

"EMPRESS PAULINE!!!" Rosalyn immediately rushed to her side and inspect the wounds on her body, five arrows were still pierced deep inside her from the back, and there were also bruises and wound slashes all over her arms and exposed legs. 

Rosalyn tried to use magic to get rid of the arrows and stop the bleeding but-

"Ngh!" Empress Pauline groaned and her body spasmed from the pain and shock. Cale also headed to their side to assist but Rosalyn's and Raon's help was not doing any help at all. 

"Ugh! P-Please stop... it hurts..." Empress Pauline regained her consciousness and told them weakly, eyes were dazed and hazy. Her shaky breath was evident as well.

"I'm sorry Empress Pauline, I should've listened to you instead... We need to get you up to your room, Cale," Rosalyn looked at Cale and he went to the other side to inspect her wounds. 

"Let's put some bandage first around her wounds before we leave," He said and tear off his inner shirt and carefully wrapped up her wounds. It was poorly down, but it helps from stopping the bleeding. 

After that, He holds her up in his arms carefully and they rushed back upstairs. They met the rows of soldiers and the Crown Prince looking for them.

"Wha- Cale?!" Crown Prince Alberu looked their way before seeing the bloodied figure in his arms.

"The Empress!" Everyone gasped in shock while The Crown Prince led them back to the sleeping quarters upstairs, the mages and the healers following after them, of course, most of them are females.

"Clean the empress' wounds before giving her a proper loose dress, the mage and healers will be here on standby," Crown Prince Alberu said while the female servants went on their tasks, Rosalyn was on standby near the bed, watching them. Cale was with the mage and healers on the other side of the room, a long folding blind was there to separate them from the bed.

After she was dressed, and her wounds cleaned, Rosalyn told the Crown Prince and they started to heal the wounds on the Empress' body with healing magic.

They witnessed how her body glows from the healing magic before she suddenly started to shudder while in bed. Rosalyn told them to stop, checking under the covers if her wounds were healed or the bleeding stopped, neither of the two happened, instead, spider-like veins started to appear from her fair skin. 

"Hold the treatment... something... something seems wrong," Rosalyn said and looked at Crown Prince Alberu's and Cale's way.

"What do you mean, Miss Rosalyn? Why are the wounds not healing?" The Crown Prince asked looking at her with a serious expression. 

"I-I... I do not know, Crown Prince, We can't detect any poison from the arrow wounds, but it still made some spider-like webs spreading out from the source," Rosalyn said, describing the outcome of the healing magic to the Empress' skin. 

"What? What did those assassins do for the wounds to be this... hold on, is the empress still bleeding?" Crown Prince asked Rosalyn, she looked under the blanket and nodded in confirmation, getting the warm wet cloth that the female servant handed to her to wipe away the blood. 

"How can we stop the bleeding when healing magic cannot heal her wounds?" Crown Prince Alberu mumbled his question while he look in the direction of the bed. 

"Just apply first aid first- I mean, use some medicine and wrap the wounds tight to avoid infection- uh- rotting of the flesh," Cale said, telling the servants to get a long roll of plain and clean cloth and medicine used for cleaning wounds.

He did the first aid with the help of Rosalyn, he tried to not think much while dressing the wounds but he can't help but look at the black webs that stemmed from her wounds. His mind asked the mystery behind those. After tying it carefully, his hand brushed against the Empress' hand and found that she was feverish. 

"Get a doctor to administer a fever medicine for the Empress, also withdraw the mages and healers for now. Since the treatment is failing just stop," Cale said to the Crown Prince nodded before telling the others to leave. When it was only them left, Raon disabled his invisibility magic and landed next to the Empress on the bed. 

"Human, I received a trigger from the traps we set at the North, it seemed that the three dragons were on the move," Raon said and looked up to look at Cale's face. 

"What? What happened?" Cale as Raon only pulled all three communication devices that replayed the footage that it caught before getting destroyed. All three dragons perked up in alert, their growls and loud roars drifted across the North before they all broke off from the chains that were suspending them in their dens. The three seemed to communicate before they all headed in one direction... The west. 

"Fck." Cale stood up from his seat while looking at the communication devices, will those dragons cause chaos and destruction right now? Why? why now?

"Cale, you must look at the situation to respond with the three dragons coming to the west, fast," Crown Prince Alberu said in a serious manner, both of them looking into each other's eyes. They were caught in a dilemma, and they need to make sure that the West will be safe from harm's way. 

"I will do my best, Raon, Rosalyn, let's go to the Black castle first with the Empress," He said, watching as Raon created a portal straight to their black castle. The Crown Prince watched them leave, before going back to his own palace to get ready for battle. 

Cale, Rosalyn, and Raon got teleported to the living room of the castle and saw almost everyone was present.  

" Eruhaben-nim can you please assist Raon to look out for the three dragons from the North? I need to look after the Empress first," Cale said and the golden dragon nodded and left with the Black castle before Cale turn to Lord Sheritt to ask for help. 

"Lord Sheritt, can you please look at the Empress? She was wounded in the assassination that happened back in the capital city, please help her," Cale said with a worried look on his face.