Chapter 13: At the Capital City (3)

Empress Helena still tried to hold back and let their annoying voices occupy the space of the beautiful garden. But it seems that they were so full of themselves and disregarded her title in front of them, so she acted.

"If I were you, Empress Helena, I would educate myself first about the culture and arts of the Roan Kingdom before stepping foot here. I'm sure this is one of the reasons why the Young Hero of Henituse Duchy rejected you," The Young lady smiled and looked back to the Empress seemingly looking for her victory.

"You talk too much," A cold and stoic voice cut it through the noisy garden, followed by a shard of ice directed at the lips of that haughty young lady.

Low gasped could be heard followed by a low and scared scream of the lady. Everyone looked back to the victim, seeing that the ice covered half of her face with ice with tears of fear sweeping from their eyes.

"Oh, it seems that I got all of your attention now, that's great. Unless I want to hear all of your awful and smelly words, don't make a peep of a noise." Empress Helena said and finally sat down on her seat.

Everyone was taken aback and was indignat at her rash actions.

"Empress! How could you threaten my daughter?! She was just sharing an advice for your own good! How dare you harrass her with your powers!" The mother of the victim shouted with a wronged tone, and the adult women started to retaliate too,

"That is right, Empress, we are just sharing our culture with you, how could you attack the poor lady?"

"Roan Kingdom never disciplined their children with violence, this is against the rules of the Royalties. Even if you're a royal guest, you still have to follow our rules!"

"That is right, as guest, you should not disregard the rules that our Royal Family set in stone," They said.

"Shut up." The Empress had enough of their yammering as she coldly and irritably commanded them. Her temper was showing visibly, the ice forming around the garden was visible and showing like sharp, jagged, teeth waiting for them to get swallowed.

"I don't have enough time to listen to you all yammering, as if you own this Kingdom, did all the rules, this and that- I don't care. I am the EMPRESS OF THE NORTH, while you lots are just nobles of Roan Kingdom, between all of us in this place, who have the most power to kill all of you?" Empress Helena glared at their way and silenced them with another breeze of her ice magic.

"The Crown Prince of your kingdom already permitted this tea party for me to establish my reputation in the noble circle. As you all can see, I'm more than what you have tried to tarnish my reputation." She said with a smile and looked back to the lady that she hit with ice magic again.

"So tell me, Young lady of Marquis Leon, I was rejected by the Hero of Henituse Duchy because of what? Not knowing the ettiquete and rules of this Kingdom? Heh,"

"Oh, that Lady over there, I know what you contributed to the scheme. Barbaric, was it? Did you have any barbaric features in me?"

"This grandma right here, talking about rules and regulations as if she's part of the Royal Family, I will keep your name in mind and have a wonderful conversation with the crown prince,"

After half an hour, everyone was sweating a cold sweat as they were served with tea and desserts in front of them. The garden was back to it's original form and there was not one speck of ice to be seen.

"Why so quiet now, ladies? Cat got your tongues? That's so sad, I want hear ALL the stories that you all have in stored especially for me," Empress Helena sigh disappointedly, making the ladies shift on their seats.

After a while, the crown prince came inside and greeted the Empress and the rest afterwards.

"It seems that the teaparty is quite a success, I'm glad everyone enjoyed the foreign delicacies from the north." When they heard the words of the crown prince, everyone looked back at the dessert trays, wait, it was from the North?!

Empress Helena smirked and did a finger snap, and just like that, everyone was astounded at the lavish decoration and beautiful food in the middle of the long table.

Everything was covered with blue and gold, and it dazzled almost everyone in the scene.

The Crown Prince looked at the Empress' face with a peculiar look of inquiry but she just brushed it off and went out of the garden with the Crown Prince.

"Hey crown prince, control your nobles," Empress Helena let go of his hand and crossed her arms while they walked back inside the castle.

"I cannot do that to a certain degree," He said in resignation. Empress Helena rolled her eyes before asking any news about the Cale's whereabouts.

"I have no idea, who knows where he went," Crown Prince shrugged his shoulders which earned a glare from the Empress.

They went to his study room and the servants prepared tea for the two of them.

"By the way, I'm a bit curious about the North... Can you tell me about the dragons?" He asked which made Empress Helena purse her lips before sighing.

"The one from the North-West have the attribute of disease; any living being will be striked down with painful disease that could cause anyone to writhe in pain. The one from the North-East have the attribute of death, any living being that could be in contact with that dragon will experience extreme pain before dying. And the one in the far North of the Continent have the attribute of destruction. I never saw that dragon after their first phase that's why I don't know the extent of there powers" she said and leaned back to the long couch.

Crown Prince Alberu was silent for a moment. It seems that he needs to call them back first and discuss with Empress about the engagement and the dragons themselves.

•••

Crown Prince Alberu called Cale later that night, his call went through and the first thing he saw was the dishevelled appearance of Cale.

"Cale? What happened to you?" Crown Prince Alberu asked in surprise.

"Tsk!" Cale only clicked his tongue and the young black dragon answered his question.

"Crown Prince! The Dragons of the North are all sealed, but it's starting to waver. We walked around the kingdom here, but not many were left alive! The North, the North is in danger!" Raon said worriedly.

"Wait, if the North is in danger... what was the danger?" Crown Prince asked and looked at Cale.

"Her mother,"

"Wait what?"

"We'll set a teleportation portal outside the kingdom, and we will come back soon. Don't tell Lady Pauline about this, I don't think she knew anyways." Cale said and the call ended.

Crown Prince Alberu blinked twice before gasping in surprise. Seriously, what was happening?!