Chapter 7 The Engagement? (1)

Cale looked at her worried expression before he looked away. He didn't know that his action made Empress Helena's heart falter, and her worried expression turned solemn. Eruhaben-nim and Raon both saw their expression and kept quiet about it... not.

'Human, The empress is making such a sad and blank look on her face, what's going on?'

'Unlucky bastard, just go ahead and tell her straight if you want the engagement or not, I was just speculating earlier, I didn't know this person was bearing her heart earlier.'

'These two dragons... Can't I have privacy in my own head? It's starting to get annoying,' Cale pursed his lips but only looked in the direction of the two dragons. Maybe thanks to their insights, he doesn't need to always stay on guard on the people that approach him.

"It's time for you to go to the guest room, Empress Pauline," Cale carefully pulled back from her and didn't look at her anymore.

"Eruhaben-nim, Raon, let's go," Cale said and went outside of the tea room. Raon looked back and forth between the two of them before sending telepathy to the Empress.

'Hu-Cale's not angry at you, don't cry,'

The tearoom became engulfed with silence, nobody knows what was going through the Empress's mind right now.

Rosalyn and Choi Han both look at Cale, Eruhaben-nim, and Raon leaving the tea room. Rosalyn especially took a longer peek on the slightly ajar door before it closes.

"We will go back to the Black castle first, Choi Han, inform the Duke and the Duchess that I will be gone for two weeks," Cale said and started to walk away, Choi Han looked towards Rosalyn before looking back to Cale's back.

"The Empress... by the way..." The two of them heard Cale's words before he leave, "Make sure she stays comfortable in the Duchy," He said and left through teleportation.

"Cale-nim-" Choi Han who was left confused, look in the direction of the empty space, before looking back to Rosalyn. Rosalyn sighed before pushing Choi Han to go to the Duke and Duchess while she went back to the tearoom to escort the Empress.

"Empress Helena-"Rosalyn paused when she saw the tears running down the Empress's eyes, both of them were surprised as Rosalyn awkwardly stood there motionless while the Empress used the handkerchief once more to wipe her tears away.

"It's kind of hard, approaching someone you didn't know with the intent of marriage." Empress Helena started to speak as she looked down on her lap and stared at the tear-stained handkerchief on her grip.

"If I may speak straightforwardly, Empress Helena," Rosalyn bow down slightly and got a confirmation from Empress Helena to speak informally.

"It's only natural to be cautious and reject a new person entering their lives. Young Master Cale is twenty-five years old, and it's not even a decade after he went on an adventure to save the Eastern and the Western Continents from that despicable White Star. Young Master Cale is just being cautious," Rosalyn said and sat next to the Empress.

"I know that, but... anyone who learned of his meritorious deeds will fall in love with him so uselessly! I'm sure a lot of marriage proposals came before mine, right?" Empress Helena asked with a worried look on her face.

"There's none actually. He was too good for his own good that the ladies of prominent families couldn't match his reputation, therefore, decided against any marriage alliance." Rosalyn said and looked at the shocked expression on her face.

"S-Seriously?" Empress Helena was surprised and couldn't help but want to reconfirm it.

"Indeed, Young Master Cale, the person who fought against the beast-kins, against alchemy and black magic, and against the root of all problem- White Star, His achievements over-glorified his desire to live peacefully. Thinking about it now, he did tell us before that he wants to be a slacker and to raise a farm on his own. He's currently doing that until Your Majesty arrived with a marriage proposal," Rosalyn said calmly.

"What in the world? I didn't know that. I thought He was too popular that many ladies were after his reputation and wealth alone- I was the first? This is crazy!" Empress Helena's face was red.

"Even if you didn't expect that it really happened," Rosalyn said to the Empress.

"...Miss Rosalyn too, you haven't fallen in love or confessed to Young Master Cale?" The curiosity was evident in the eyes of the Empress that made Rosalyn smile awkwardly.

"Young Master Cale is very admirable, but I do not have any romantic feelings for him. If not, we look too similar to each other because of our bright hair," Rosalyn said and felt the hand of the Empress caressing a strand of her hair. There was no ice forming from her touch that made Rosalyn a bit surprised.

"Oh! Sorry, The young dragon cast the ice magic for me, it was fine for me to touch things right now," Empress Helena said to Rosalyn as she retrieved her fingers.

"I see, that's good for you, Empress Helena. Now then, shall we go to your bedroom?" Rosalyn stood up and offered her hand to Empress Helena.

"What? Wait I thought the proposal is already rejected so I should go now?" Empress Helena asked confused as she looked at Rosalyn's helpless look on her face.

"That, I do not have any answers for that, but still, we should give some courtesy and meet your needs while inside the Duchy, Empress Helena," Rosalyn explained and the Empress nodded her head and went together with Rosalyn towards her bedroom which is on the second floor of the mansion.

They both passed a few servants who stared at the beauty of the two women. Unexpectedly, Ron was in front of the room assigned for the Empress.

"We will assign a few maidservants for the Empress, Please enjoy your stay," Ron said and signaled Rosalyn to come with him. Rosalyn looked back to Empress Helena with a warm smile and waved at her before leaving.

Ron who noticed her actions, only observed at the side until the door closes. Rosalyn looked back to Ron, waiting for him to speak.

"I heard from the Young Master that he will be gone in two weeks," Ron said and Rosalyn nodded her head,

"But Sir Ron, Young Master Cale didn't tell you to follow them,"

"I suppose that is true, with a royal guest in the Duchy, we cannot let normal servants serve and left to their hands," Ron said before turning around and going down to the kitchen on the first floor.

Rosalyn looked back at the close door before leaving.