Seven - The Avenger

Firstly, the Lord will avenge His people. He will judge even the unrighteous thoughts that have been thought against you. You are His precious child and He cares for you, so you do not need to worry about your life! Secondly, when the Lord comes with justice, it will be His justice, pure and true. He will not show partiality. It may not be what you were expecting and you may experience judgement too!

When Jesus says "judge not, that you be not judged. For with what judgment you judge, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you.", He is not saying we should never judge, for we must. He also says "judge with righteous judgment." Jesus is warning us that the judgement of God comes against all those who release unrighteousness into the earth. If we judge others through the flesh instead of only judging righteously according to the Spirit, we sin, and will reap judgement upon ourselves.

When calling out to God for justice from your adversaries, consider whether you also have fallen short in any matter, because when judgement comes it will render to each one according to their deeds. Delight in the fear of the Lord and clothe yourself with humility. When you are wronged, examine yourself, get clean before God, and seek God for the justice He desires, not the justice you desire. Then cry out to Him for that justice and follow His instruction.

Remember, nothing that is hidden will remain so. Our God is a God of righteousness and justice and He is an avenger who will hear the prayers of the just. "Shall God not avenge His own elect who cry out day and night to Him, though He bears long with them? I tell you that He will avenge them speedily."

Psalm 103:6; Matthew 7:1-2; Mark 4:21-23; Luke 18:7-8; John 7:24