Nine - Destruction Of The Flesh

God allows His children to come into difficult situations. Sometimes horrible situations. Definitely challenging situations. If you are a follower of Christ, these kinds of situations will continue for the rest of your earth journey. God allows totally uncomfortable scenarios, but what many don't get is that these scenarios push us towards revelation, which opens a gateway into experiencing the kingdom of heaven. In extreme discomfort the Holy Spirit calls for us to lay down our own understanding and realise we are nothing apart from the Messiah, Jesus. He summons us to turn to Christ as we get the revelation - taught by the Spirit in the midst of discomfort - that God alone is life, and apart from Him there is no lasting life, or success, or fulfilment, or power, or joy, or friends, or wisdom, or health, or hope, or love.

Some of you are in such a time right now. You are facing the destruction of the flesh. Sometimes it is a literal destruction of your literal body. Sometimes it is the removal of control, or power, or friends, or worldly hopes and dreams. Satan will attempt to distract you from the joy of the situation you are in. Yes JOY! The reason why we don't have joy and peace and blessing in trials is because we have been ensnared by the demonic enticements of dark spirits. They create a smokescreen to blind you from the truth, and seek to bend your attention to their distractions as you go through trials that actually have the potential to launch you into the transcendent counsels of the heavenly places, and ultimately increase your ability to oppose Satan and burn his works with the light of the Morning Star that shines from your heavenly face.

The end result of trials should be that you grow up, becoming blameless. Lacking nothing. Able to walk in all the love and power and peace that Jesus walked in while He roamed the earth in the midst of devils and demon possessed men and women, full of dark power, hate and seduction. When we, being in the midst of something painful or horrible, listen and obey the Spirit's call to forget ourselves and die in service to our King in any way necessary (physically, or maybe to our will, thoughts or reputation), I have experienced that God does something fantastical. When I TRULY come into agreement with Him - humbling myself - He lifts me up beyond earth. I have literally experienced sitting in heavenly places. It is blissful! The presence of the LORD overmasters pain and shields you from dark magic. From this seat I have seen how trivial are the earthly ways of men! Let your flesh die and begin to experience God preparing a table before you in the presence of your enemies.

Psalm 23:5; Matt 5:14-16; John 16:33; 1 Cor 5:5; 2 Cor 4:16; James 1:2-4