7- The Tiebreaker Race

"Racers to the starting line! Racers to the starting line." We heard Darrel's voice over the loudspeaker.
"Hey, Weathers, good luck out there today. Make us lady racers proud." Cruz Ramirez said to me as she pulled up to give me a quick talk.
"Thanks, Cruz." I nodded. "I won't let those jerks of males beat me."
"Good. Listen, if you win, you and I, we'll take a vacation with Mr. McQueen." She smiled.
"I'll keep that in mind, thanks again." I drove towards the starting line.
"Beat them through, 42! Woohoo!" Mator hollered from the Radiator Springs pit crew.
I chuckled, pulling up to Daniel and Jackson. "Hello boys." I said cheerfully. "Great day for racing."
"Yeah, it is." Jackson agreed, smirking. "You ready to get crushed, Weathers?"
"You ready to eat my dust, Storm?" I countered.
"Both of you quit it." Daniel sounded amused. "Whatever happens we're still friends after this, yeah?"
"Right." I nodded.
"Agreed." Jackson nodded.
"Boogity, boogity, boogity, boogity! Let's go racin' boys!" Darrel Cartrip said cheerfully and we were off.

"Green flag's out, kid. Give it everything you got." Uncle Strip was being my crew chief for this.
"Copy that, Mr. The King." I answered, accelerating ahead.

The race was pretty steady going, no interruptions. The three of us sped around the track.
"Thirty laps to go!" The King called. "Storm's creeping up."

I didn't dare look in my rear view mirror to see Storm.
"Getting tired yet?" Storm taunted. "Your fancy wheels aren't meant for this."
"Go back to playing video games." I retorted, pushing ahead.

"Watch the side!" The King warned as Storm shoved me against the wall, causing the audience to wince at the sound of scraping metal.
"Get—off—" I grunted before using all the force I could muster and pushed Storm away, speeding ahead.

"Oh, what a save by Weathers!" Cartrip exclaimed, cheers soon following. "Just 15 laps to go."
The last lap came by in a blur. Storm and I were neck and neck as we came to the finish line.

"It's a tie! The second one to happen in history of racing!" Bob announced.

-Author's note: hey sorry for the delay in updates! I got side tracked with school and such. Please be patient with me :D And May the 4th be with you-