Author's Intro

Hello! So if you've been following me for sometime then you'll know I've been ranting about a certain fic. I've been embarrassed to write it so I've been ranting whenever I do something monumental with it. This is that fic. Hello, Welcome to the Chronicles of the Finalists.
If you're new around here (which you probably are), let me explain. Why am I embarrassed to be writing this fic? Well it's mainly because this is a very different niche to what I'm used to writing in. This isn't very different because I write MCYT - Specifically Shady Oaks - most of the time. So, why am I embarrassed about this?
KreekCraft knows this side of the fandom exists. The others do too.
Which brings me to my disclaimer.
If you are a Youtuber and you are reading this fic and dislike the way that you are portrayed in this fact or you don't wanna be written in this fic in general, please let me know and DM me here or I guess by Twitter or something and I will happily take it down. This applies to all my fics but due to the threat of these guys finding it being highly more likely, I feel like it might be good idea to rephrase this here.
If you're finding this and you're fine with that I am so sorry for what you're about to witness.
Okay, I guess we have to move onto warnings now. I can't warn for too much without spoiling a lot so I'm just going to warn for violence and death. Don't worry I don't describe in graphic detail. Let's move on.  Before you read the fic I highly recommend watching Madoka Magica and at least getting an idea of Magia Record. Why? This is a crossover fic and well you might not understand much without it. Oh yeah, and MAJOR spoilers inbound. But if you don't care, I'm gonna make this easier on you. I do try my best to explain it during the story, but my explanations aren't great. So, here's a basic rundown of all the terms you'll need to know.
UNMARKED SPOILERS AHEAD OBVIOUSLY

General
Magical Girl - The name given to a person who has made a wish with Kyubey or any other Incubator. They make one wish of their choosing in exchange for fighting Witches. In this universe, it is a gender neutral term.
Kyubey & The Incubators - Small little alien fairies who have the ability ti make magical girls. The real reason they're doing this, however, is not to to protect the world but to harvest energy, to protect the universe.
Witches - Witches are manifestations of chaos and despair, who feast on human lives. In reality, Witches are actually the final form of Magical Girls who's soul gem has turned completely black. They drop Grief Seeds when they die.
Soul Gems - A soul gem is the source of a magical girl's power, and what allows them to transform. They are produced upon contracting with Kyubey and/or an incubator. The more a magical girl uses their power, starts feeling strong negative emotions or sustains physical injuries, their soul gem will start to corrupt and grow progressively darker. This causes a magical girl to become weaker. As well as this, if it fully clouds out, it will turn the magical girl into a witch and turn into a Grief Seed. To get rid of this darkness, Magical Girls must use Grief Seeds obtained from witches.
A soul gem's default form is an egg shaped gem. In canon, it can be turned into a ring for transportation. In this universe, it instead turns into a wristband. When a magical girl is transformed, it takes a different form used on the outfit, often the shape of the emblem seen on the egg form.
A soul gem must stay within the range of 100 metres of their respective magical girl. If the gem leaves these parameters, the magical girl will 'die' and their body will become a dead shell.
In reality, soul gems are actually the owner's soul, extract for safety in fighting. Their body effectively becomes a puppet which the soul gem controls.
Grief Seeds - Grief seeds are commonly seen as a "witch's egg', due to the fact they drop after a witch is killed. They are what soul gems become when they turn black and the magical girl turns into a witch. They can be used on a dim soul gem, replenishing a magical girl's magic. An already used grief seed cannot be used to fully cleanse a soul gem. Due to their value, Magical Girls often use Grief Seeds as signs of allyship and trust.
Familiars - Familiars are Witch minions, that protect the witch. If they eat 5 humans, they can become a witch themselves.
Barriers / Labyrinths - Barriers are used by Witches to conceal themselves. They often reference the 'space' the magical girl was in when they witched out. Both names are used.
Robloxia City Specific
Doppels - A special ability that Magical Girls in Robloxia can use. It allows magical girls to use the taint in their soul gems as a weapon, unleashing a portion of their Witch power in their soul gem. This is due to a barrier created by the Hosts of the Magius which prevents witches from being created, and a Doppel being unleashed instead when a soul gem is filled up.
Rumours - Called Uwasa in the actual anime, Rumours are a type of monster that appears solely in Robloxia City. They are once again created by the Magius, based on actual rumours that spread in Robloxia City. They exist to kill, kidnap or capture anyone who either fulfils the rumour or prevents the rumour's completion. They seem like Witches and have labyrinths, but notably, they do not drop grief seeds when they are killed.
Wings of the Magius - A large group of Magical Girls in Robloxia who are aiming to liberate all magical girls from their fates. They use rumours and much stronger witches to do this, without caring for casualities. They have a few tiers, the Black Feathers, the White Feathers, some others that fall out of the hierarchy and then the Hosts. The Hosts of the Magius are the leaders, who in this universe are known to be DJ Monopoli, SabrinaBrite and RussoPlays.

Okay, I think that's all I need to explain.
Why crossover these two fandoms specifically? When you've got a hyperfixation on one, and brain rot of another, it just kind of happens naturally.
I think that's all I need to say, really. Other than that, just know this is a pretty long fic. It is actually completed though, my posting won't be as consistent due to the length, but it will likely be every couple of days. You're luckier than the Shady Hybrids readers, I end up posting every few months for them...
If you're in the Shady Oaks fandom, actually, and RB Battles doesn't interest you, don't worry about not reading this fic! I promise it's fine. A few characters appear but they're fairly minor characters. Honest, you don't need to read this if you don't have to.
If you're in both, I'm going to direct you to read my Shady Oaks centred stuff! Monsters and Men and Shady Hybrids. I think you'll like them.
If you're just in the RB Battles fandom, enjoy this fic, I guess! I'll be posting A/Ns, as well.
Well, before I end this introduction off, I want to ask something. All of the characters in this fic have proper designs, and I do want to present them cause I like them. Would you like me to just post the references at the end of the chapter? Would you prefer to see one or two CGs interspersed within the chapters so you can see the designs in full? Let me know!
Please enjoy the read! I'll see you around!