Eris

My body floated through a dark and lonely space where there was no place for anything unusual. The feeling of cold around me did not care a bit, because it was not the first time I managed to know this feeling. My school uniform was still on my body, although it was no longer painted in the bright red color of fresh blood.

In the end, what was supposed to happen happened. I killed "that" person. He's caused me a lot of problems over the past 17 years, but this time I got back at him in full. His body was literally torn to pieces, his guts were released, his bones were ground into flour, and I crushed his eyes and brain so that nothing remained of them at all except puddles of mixed liquid. Am I happy with this? Kuku Who knows..?

Ryueen's laugh is very strange, but I like it for some reason. Maybe I should have used it more often, but now it doesn't make sense.

Up to this point, my entire body had become a target for my parent's bodyguards. At least I managed to kill 50 of them, but a few survivors managed to kill me. It's really depressing. The feeling of being pierced through by a bullet fired from a puny pistol is a feeling that you hardly want to feel at least once in your life. Your internal organs are twisted into minced meat, bones crumble into separate fragments, the skin simply bursts from the strong pressure of the ammunition. In general, it is painful, unpleasant and lethal.

"Greetings, lost soul.

Suddenly I saw a light in front of me, which later transformed into a semi-dark room. There was no light source here anymore, but at the same time I could see everything perfectly. I myself was sitting on a small, but quite comfortable chair, and in front of me was like a royal throne, though in a smaller version. By the way, the floor under me was a chessboard.

– My name is Eris, I am the Goddess of Luck.

In front of me on this not quite throne sat a beautiful girl about 18-19 years old in appearance

In front of me on this not quite throne sat a beautiful girl about 18-19 years old in appearance. She had beautiful long silver hair and bright blue eyes. And her clothes seemed somewhat fantastic and unusual, which resembled hagoromo. She looked more like a nun or someone else from the church.

- Goddess, right? I think I already know one.

I also knew one girl during my lifetime. She was also called a Goddess by everyone, although I'm not sure that she had any supernatural abilities. Of course, every Halloween she turned to Yandere, but it's not that important.

–Are you talking about Shiina-sama?" Yes, in Heaven she is known as the Goddess of Sweetness.

Looks like the rumors were true.

– In any case, your former life has come to an end, and I'm really sorry to tell you this, but this is your fate.

– I understand.

Her facial expression, voice, look, all these factors reflected the condition of this girl. She clearly showed that she was very sorry for me, that my life ended unfairly, but I'm not really worried about it.

–Well, now I'll give you a choice. Your soul can ascend to heaven, where you can reunite with your long-lost girlfriend.

Is this really so? She's not talking about her, is she? This can't be true! I lost her so long ago! For some reason, my heart started beating its rhythm much harder than before, I felt a surge of strength, energy was bubbling in me. I will finally reunite with my one and only... peacefullife-chan!!

- However, your freedom in Paradise will be somewhat limited. I am so sorry.

– I understand.

Well, it looks like we will not meet my peaceful life soon, because my freedom is more precious to me. It seems worth considering any other option that does not restrict my freedom.

- Next, you can choose the option of rebirth in Japan in a new family with new parents, but, of course, all memories of your current life will be lost forever.

– I understand.

This option sounds interesting, but I really would not like to just lose all the memories that I have acquired in my short life. Should I sacrifice all this for myself?

– And in the end, you can choose the option of rebirth in another world. There is only one condition, you will have to kill the Demon Queen.

Hmm. I've heard of a similar story before, but it was only in the book. One day a professor advised me to read an LN about a guy who died a stupid death and was resurrected in another world. In the end, he gathered a squad of useless but very useful girls, and then they all killed the Demon King together. The guy himself died a tragic death in the dungeon, killing both the Demon King and himself with the magic of the explosion.

And also this is the first LN that the Author-san has read, so he really appreciates this literary work. Please don't insult Kazuma.

Hai Hai!! Kazuma desu

– I understand.

The latter option seems interesting, but it's really life-threatening. Should I agree? Will I be able to defeat the Demon Queen?? No, I definitely don't have any chance.

For some reason, the Goddess looked somewhat nervous. Is she feeling unwell? Maybe she has a fever? Or am I winding myself up?

"Um... is everything okay?"

I asked her about it, and only then did she seem to wake up from a dream. The goddess inhaled more air, and then exhaled it and calmed down.

- Yes. I just thought that you weren't listening to me or ignoring my words, since your response to my suggestions was exactly the same.

– I understand.

- Here it is again...

- I'm sorry.

- No. It's not your fault... So what did you choose?

Indeed, what did I choose? Will this be my peaceful life in Paradise with limited freedom? Or will it be a rebirth where I will lose my current identity? Or maybe I'll have to fight the Demon Queen? In any case, the choice will be made by the Author-san, not me, so we can only wait for the new chapter.