Regina

So, is this the new world?

There was nothing unusual around me. Or rather, there was only a spacious green field around me, and the golden sun shone right above my head. It looks like it's around noon or something.

I looked around energetically and at the same time assessed the situation, studying the surrounding situation, but from all sides of me the picture was the same. However, I still managed to draw some accurate conclusions about the situation. There is definitely oxygen and a lot of other gases on this planet, since I can breathe quite calmly. Further, it is worth mentioning that it is quite warm in this place, and given all this moderately abundant vegetation around me, I can conclude that it may be summer time of the year now.

I decided to take a step forward in this new world, and it reminded me of the first time I set foot on the threshold of my former school. This is literally my new life, and it starts from this moment. As soon as I stepped forward, I found that I had crushed something soft and slimy.

My gaze darted down, and I noticed a huge slug... no, it's something entirely composed of slime. And I crushed it. Immediately, a golden arrow appeared above my head, pointing upwards, and next to it was also the designation 5+.

Is that what they call experience points? Does this mean that I just got my first experience in a new world? Is this normal? Should I get more experience? If I get more experience, will I grow up the same as Mario after he eats the mushroom? It seems to me that I think about it too much.

In any case, I have to do something. If there is a Demon Queen in this world, then there are probably people too. That is, I can stumble upon a settlement of people if I go forward, but at the same time if I go back, left or right, then my chances are exactly the same, because I do not know where I should go.

Okay, I was sent here by the Goddess of Luck, right? Maybe I should go in a random direction and not even think about anything? Maybe it will work, but such a plan also seems too crazy for me.

"Move east"

Suddenly, a voice that I had never heard before sounded in my head. I involuntarily looked around, but still didn't notice anyone, and that could only mean two things. Either I'm paranoid, or someone's voice really sounded in my head.

"Move east"

These words were repeated again. This voice was not sweet and gentle, rather it was just giving me an order to move east. What happens if I disobey? I don't think that's a good idea, because I don't know what to do anyway.

"Move east"

I must say that it reminds me a little of the commands I received in the White Room, although everything was more logical there than moving towards the east.

I looked around and realized that I had no idea where this very east was. In general, I could have used the sun, but unfortunately it was still in the zenith stage. I may have to wait some time to move the story forward.

"Eh... just move forward in the direction of your gaze."

This part seemed forced, as if there was nothing else left but to say it. Perhaps the person who is telling me this can hear my thoughts, since I think so much. Although at the same time it is worth saying that, perhaps, the fact is that I am just standing still, and this in turn is an indicator of my uncertainty about which way I should go. In any case, I was sent somewhere.

By the way, this voice most likely belonged to some woman or girl, so I might feel a little uncomfortable if a girl I didn't know could read my thoughts.

In any case, I decided that I should finally go ahead. After taking a few steps, I made sure that the voice in my head does not sound again, that is, I am going the right way, so there is no point in stopping me. My steps were normal, the ground under my feet was normal, the air temperature was slightly above normal, but it wasn't a problem. I would say the humidity was acceptable too, but that just means I don't have to worry about anything.