Chapter 8

Hi Everyone. Before I start- this is a mature chapter, right after the Alexander POV. I'm sorry if it's bad, or anything. I tried something new and out of my comfort zone... so you might want to brace yourselves. 

------

The deafening silence screamed as loud as my soul, there was not a sound that could break my focus at this very moment. I couldn't afford it. Nia launched at me with impeccable speed, her eyes shooting daggers at me. Before I could really understand what was going on Ella took over my body. She leaped to the right- away from Nia, and shifted almost instantly.

My body burned in response to the sudden movement. In all my years of shifting- this had to be the most painful. And there was no time to recover from it as well. "Oh, get over it," Ella commented.

The woman, the one that drew my attention earlier, just stood there- looking at me. I didn't know her... was she a threat, or an ally?

However, at this moment there was no time to think it over, and besides my brain had hit its maximum thinking capacity hours ago.

"Ha, good one," Ella smirked.

"Can you focus, her eyes are fucken glowing, and it's orange?" I screeched from within. Nia looked like one of those glow sticks humans use at parties. Her eyes pierced through me, her irises much smaller than moments ago.

"Don't get hit." The stranger's voice boomed through my mind as she suddenly appeared beside me. "Questions shall be answered later." For a split second my instincts went in defense but disappeared the moment I saw an image flash through my head. It was Alexander and Nix fighting side by side, although this seems to be some years ago. "I'm here to help."

My focus returned to Nia and she was coming at us in full force. Lighting flew from her hands faster than they actually struck down to earth. I jumped out of the way but still got lightly stung on my side. Nix didn't move and the lightning just absorbed into her body. It just vanished.

Okay... hold up. What the actual fuck?!

"Oh, my goddess. Do you think we can do that?"  Ella asked excitedly.

"Clearly not, Ella. Cant, you feel the fucken sting in my side." Her only response was a sigh.

My side burned like hell, but there is just no time to even think of any of it. Ella was losing focus, and between the roaring thunder and the overflowing emotions that brewed through me, there was just this sudden, empty feeling within me.

Nia came at us again, but suddenly just stopped and smiled. I could literally see the steam coming from her eyes- as she thought through whatever bitch move she wanted to make.

"Momma."

One word, it was just one word and it set my entire soul on fire.

Lily.

Every single emotion that could pulse through my body did at that exact moment. Anger, at William, at Alexander at everyone who allowed her to wander so far out of their safety. So far, that she is now stuck in a situation I don't think I can keep her safe from.

My head snapped in her direction, I quickly looked to where Nia was and I immediately realized her plan. It's not me anymore.

She is now going to aim for Lily.

Our eyes locked for a brief moment, she gave me a wicked smirk and once I saw the little sparks dancing in her palms I decided to act.

My paws dug into the soil, the rain that fell moments ago is now nothing more than a light drizzle. As I prepared to jump- with a savage growl, my ears pressed close backward against my head. In nothing more than a split second I jumped, something inside me was strange and I couldn't exactly pinpoint it. But somehow I felt as if something within me awakened. Seeing Lily as a target awakened something very deep within my core.