Chapter 2

"It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are."  

- E.E. Cummings.

My fingers traced over the lace dress, the purple color reminded me of lavender, though it was much darker

My fingers traced over the lace dress, the purple color reminded me of lavender, though it was much darker. The fabric of the dress hugged my body like a glove. The v-neckline covered just enough skin to keep me in my comfort zone.

Let's hope this dress juggles three titles in one. Mother, Luna, and Mate.

Alexander stepped out of the bathroom wearing his black tux. I could feel my heart starting to flutter. He looked so handsome. Our eyes found each other, but before things got heated he stepped out of the room. Leaving me in total disbelief. He didn't say a single word.

Mental note: Clearly my outfit failed the mate department.

Maybe it's because my body changed? Maybe he doesn't feel attracted to me anymore?

The sudden realization spread through my body as the sadness snatched me from my moment of bliss. Biting my lip I tried to suppress the tears that wanted to spring free. I did my best, but the feeling of not being enough for Alexander started to get the upper hand. My heart felt like it was made of glass, and was hit by a wrecking ball, crashing and burning in pain.

A single tear ran down my cheeks, and then another followed, some strayed from the familiar path and went their own way. I quickly rubbed them away, placing my hand on my mouth to stop the sobs from making a sound.

Pushing the rejected thoughts aside I wiped my tears and tried to calm my racing heart.

"Stop being so insecure," Ella said, clearly irritated by my current state.

Ignoring Ella I tried to clean my makeup up, redoing most of it and made sure I was presentable enough. The evidence was still prominent in my eyes, but there's nothing I can do about it now.

"Just breathe. Focus on Xerxes." I told myself, before walking out of our room.

I grabbed my bag and Xerxes' baby bag before picking him up from his crib. He was already dressed in his little baby tux, which Bella helped pick out for him.

His little face beamed with happiness as he pulled my hair, giggling like the little charmer he is. "You little man, are going to be a handful, aren't you?" I asked him, he only pulled on my hair again in response.

_

Arriving at the palace Alexander pulled into the private entrance parking lot. Lily would arrive with my parents and Luke, so Xeres was safely strapped in his little seat at the back. Once he pulled into the parking and turned the SUV off. I felt a pull in my mind.

Opening the mind link, I felt William trying to reach me.

"M, we need you at the orphanage," he said.