Chapter 1

"Why raise a princess when you can raise a warrior."

The sun danced, as it's soft rays peeked from behind the curtains, hitting my skin in waves of heat

The sun danced, as it's soft rays peeked from behind the curtains, hitting my skin in waves of heat. The warmth of the bright light kindled my soul, reminding me that a new day has just begun. His bright blue eyes found mine and his face beamed with happiness, his little fingers grasped my own as he laughed with so much joy.

I picked him up and snuggled him against my chest, the sound of his happiness stirred my heart. The sweet sound of his laughter was enough to bring world peace if that was even possible.

I knew the day I held him for the first time, that I would do anything for him. I would move mountains, always protect him, or die trying. He brought me joy, even in the immense pain of my memories, he is the dream of my soul. My very existence.

During my pregnancy, almost every day was a constant struggle to forget, forget the horrid memory of Mitch, trying to come to terms with losing Alea, and trying to restore my relationship with my parents.

My darkness followed me around like a shadow, constantly reminding me of just how weak I am.

My loss may not be the same as when you have lost a pup you have held, one that was born. One that breathed air. But it was my loss, and sometimes you forget for a second, and then it knocks you down again. There were days that I just kept going, I just exited.

Death never has an invitation, she was gone and nothing would ever bring her back. The mear thought was what sucked the life right out of me.

But, everything changed when I felt Xerxes kick for the first time, his little moving body set my soul on fire. In my darkest time, he was my light, my lifeforce.

Just like his dad, my mate.

I placed him back in his crib, covering his body with his favorite blanket. The soft blue material covered his sacred skin as he snuggled into the warmth. A smile spread across my face as I took in the scene in front of me.

"You know, little guy, you are quite the charmer," I told him, he smiled and made the cutest little chuckle noise. The face he made when he heard me talk held so much happiness. His lips curled and his cheeks perked up, making his eyes shine with pride.

I couldn't help the happiness that poured out of my eyes, nothing, and I mean nothing can compare to the love I have for my family, my pack.

I leaned forward and kissed his cheek, tickling his side, he kicked his legs and then gave me the biggest smile. He knew how to charm his mom.

"Well, little prince. You have a big day today." I said as I picked him up again.

Today he will be introduced to the pack for the first time. It was long overdue, but I was scared to expose him to any kind of danger.