Day 8: August

The day had started just like any other. Waking up beside her wife, coffee together before heading to work, and then meeting for lunch. That was when everything had changed. During their lunch, Kara was called away on an emergency, what appeared to be a young child trapped beneath a pile of Nth Metal rods, but miraculously uninjured. As soon as she got there however, she knew something was off. There was no pile of rods, no child, only a seemingly empty and abandoned warehouse.

"Guys something isn't right here, I think this might be a..."

Everything happened so quickly that even Kara had no time to react as a metal chamber fell from the ceiling and trapped her inside, a red light glowing all around her. Yet another enemy of her mother who had been trapped on Fort Rozz - and miraculously stayed in hiding for more than 10 years after Kara became Supergirl - had designed a chamber capable of not only containing a Kryptonian, but of keeping them alive and fully awake in the process. The angry alien appeared in front of her and gave the usual "your mother ruined my life" speech before pressing a series of buttons on the chamber and shooting her off into space.

At first, Kara fought. She'd tried punching her way through her Nth Metal Coffin until her hands were bloodied and broken, she'd tried to use her comms but they were useless. Still, she tried daily to find a way back home, but it was useless. She didn't know how day from night, up from down, left from right. All she knew was that she was alone, and once again trapped in a tiny pod-like vessel, doomed to float through space for the rest of her life.

Kara did her best to rest when her body asked for it, which meant she spent much of her time sleeping, dreaming of being back home with those she loved, back in the arms of her beautiful wife. Truly, she tried to sleep as much as possible, because being awake was more tortuous than most of her nightmares. In her dreams, she could hug her family, make love to her wife, spend evenings on the couch cuddled up with Alex, Lena, and Kelly watching stupid movie-musicals. But awake, she was forced to face the fact that she could very well die in this pod, and no one would find her body.

Her only hope came from knowing that her family would never give up on her. Her WIFE would never give up on her. But although everyone in her circle was extremely intelligent and had saved her countless times, she couldn't help but feel like this time was different. This time could very well be the time that she was lost forever. It had been August when she'd left, August 23rd to be exact. The day after the anniversary of the day Kara and Lena got engaged. The day she was captured they had made plans to celebrate, Lena had made reservations at their favorite dinner place and had told Kara that she had amazing news to share. The thought of never seeing her wife again broke her inside, but gave her hope at the same time. She was thankful that she still had her phone in her boot, as well as the wireless power bank Brainy had designed for her so that her phone could go up to 6 days when attached to the power bank. Obviously it was useless in terms of getting help, but she could still look at her beautiful wife's face whenever she needed.

Knowing she needed to conserve the battery, Kara tried to keep her phone use at a minimum. But she wanted to record messages for everyone she loved, in case the unthinkable happened. Even if they found her lifeless body in the pod, they would be able to see that in her final moments, she loved them dearly. The messages to her friends were relatively short. Mostly saying the same thing but in different ways. I'm proud to have known you, you changed my life, I love you. Things like that. The ones she recorded for Alex and her family were much longer and harder to record. But the hardest of all was the one she needed to record for Lena, which was why she saved it for last. But the time finally came when she needed to say her goodbyes to Lena, and she knew that her phone only had a little charge left, which in itself told her that she had been in the pod for several days already.