Day 11: Wild.

"This makes ZERO sense, Kara!"

"Back me up, Alex! That's the rules! It's how you play!"

"She's not wrong, Lena!"

"This is absurd! You can't change things just as I was starting to get ahead!"

"Sorry Lena," laughed Kara.

The room was filled with playful bickering, a sound that was sorely missed lately. There was little time for game nights when you have all sorts of bad guys to fight, not to mention Lena trying to get the foundation up and running and Alex and Kelly adjusting to having Esme at home with them. Tonight was meant to be a double date of sorts, a chance to relax and let loose a little. They'd jumped at the opportunity when Nia offered to baby sit while J'onn and Brainy kept up with patrol.

"At the risk of making you upset," uttered Kelly. "Draw four, and the color is green."

"You have gotta be kidding me! How many of these Wild Cards are there in this ridiculous game?"

"8," informed Alex. "4 regular and 4 draw 4."

"And yet all of you somehow have one and I don't," joked Lena. "I'm beginning to think that you've all been plotting against me!"

The game continued and much to Lena's displeasure, the amount of action cards thrown down against her continued to rise. Everyone else had only 2-3 cards left while Lena had 10. Luckily none of the others seemed to be close to winning either, having to pull from the draw pile almost as much as she did.

Lena continued to feign offense each time she was forced to pull a card from the pile or each time a "draw two" card was thrown against her. Little did they know that she was amassing a set of cards that would turn the game around quickly into her favor.

"UNO!" Yelled Kara, looking in Kelly's direction for her to take her turn.

"Reverse..."

"Seriously Lena?!"

"All's fair in love and war darling."

After reversing the direction of play, the game went on normally, and things had evened out for the most part, though Lena still had her stash of wild cards close to her chest for just the right time. Frustrated with the lag of the game, both Alex and Kelly had forfeited and just watched as Kara and Lena went back and forth.

"UNO!" Kara yelled with excitement! But one look into Lena's devious eyes told Kara that something was amiss.

"Draw 4, color is red."

Once Kara had drawn her cards and was waiting for Lena to make her move, Lena laid yet another draw 4 card on top of the last.

"Are you kidding me?"

"Oh my darling, I'm not done!"

Lena proceeded to lay down several more wild cards as well as a few Draw 2 cards. Leaving her with one card and Kara with 16

"Uno!"

Kara proceeded to lay down a card, the first chance she's gotten in many turns. But it wasn't enough. On her next turn, Lena laid down her final card, dancing in celebration as she won the game. It was the first time in a long time that Kara caught a glimpse of the Lena she'd fallen in love with. She didn't mean to stare, but Lena had always been the most beautiful woman Kara had ever seen, breathtakingly so. And the playful banter during the game had made Kara quite eager for Kelly and Alex to leave, and judging by the wild look in Lena's eyes when she caught Kara staring, she wasn't the only one ready to be alone. Neither of them noticed that they'd been staring at each other for several minutes until they were jolted back to reality.

"Well," said Kelly, "We're going to head out. It's getting late."

"It's not, but we cant stand to see the two of you eye-fuck each other for another minute."

"We weren't...fine."

And just like that Kara and Lena were alone.

"Care to play another round," joked Kara.

"Sure. We could do that. Or," said Lena, removing her shirt to expose her bare chest. " Or we could play a very different game. Your choice."

Without skipping a beat, Kara picked Lena up and flew them into their room, eager to get started with the wild night ahead of them.