Day 14: Flying.

"Lena," begged Kara. "Please say something."

"What do you want me to say, Kara? That everything is fine? That nothing has changed? I can't do that!"

"I...I didn't mean for this to go so far! I wanted to tell you, I really did, but he..."

"He what Kara? What exactly did he say that kept you from telling your wife the truth?"

Kara and Lena stood facing each other, glass from the shattered tower window covering the floor. They'd had fights before, but not like this one. This one was far worse.

"Lena, please baby!"

"Don't 'please baby' me, Kara! You promised me that this wouldn't happen again!"

"I know but..."

Before Kara could answer a sleepy little 4 year old with curly red hair stumbled his way over to them.

"Mommy?"

"Elliot," said Lena, picking up her son, his bare half kryptonian feet impervious to the glass beneath his feet. "What are you doing awake, little one?"

"You and mama were fighting."

"We weren't fighting, ukiem" comforted Kara, wrapping her arm around her wife and son. "Mommy was just a little upset that Mama took you flying again without telling her first."

"Mama, was supposed to tell mommy so that I could watch!"

"Don't be mad at Mama, Mommy. I wanted to surprise you with how good I'm getting."

"You are getting good at flying, ukiem," laughed Kara scratching the top of Elliot's head. "It's the stopping we have to work on!"

"Maybe Mommy shoulda got 'tonian proof glass for the windows. S'not my fault her didn't think ahead."

Kara tried, and failed, to keep from laughing. Elliot was DEFINITELY Lena's son, not that there was any question.

"You know what, Elliot, you are right! Mommy should have used Kryptonian proof glass! You are so smart!"

"I know," scoffed Elliot with a shrug.

Kara and Lena shared a smile, both mouthing "Your son" to the other and laughing under their breath.

"What do you say we get you back to bed and tomorrow you and mama can go flying while Mommy gets the window replaced. You can even sleep between Mommy and me, how does that sound, little one?"

Elliot nodded his head and gripped Lena tight around the neck as she carried him into their room and tucked him into bed beside her with Kara sliding in close on the opposite side. He was out within seconds of Kara's lullaby, but she kept singing anyway, brushing the hair behind her wifes ear and smiling as she sang:

It seems far away, but there once was a day it was grey in a world without you. To this heart like a dove from above, the miracle of your love found me. So sleep, fall into night's indigo hue. Believe me, it's true. There's nothing that I would not do. For my dream is sweet dreams for you.