Day 23: Brave.

"You can do this, Lena."

"K-Kara. I'm terrified. W-what if we lose? What if they...what if they don't think I'm capable of..."

"They won't! Whatever happens, Lena, we will get through this. Together."

Lena took a deep breath and put on her confident facade and walked into the courtroom, the grip on Kara's hand being the only sign of her fear. They'd been married for 2 years now, and were eager to start a family of their own. Given that neither of them felt equipped to carry a child - and the overwhelming amount of children needing a family - they'd decided to become foster parents. Kelly had put them in contact with an agency that specializes in alien orphans. For every child in the foster care system, there were 3 alien children looking for a home as well. Not many families felt equipt to care for them, so they often got ignored and sent off to group homes with little to no support.

The moment Kara and Lena met Freya, they knew she was meant to be their daughter. Little was known of her parents. Only that she'd been the product of a daxamite assaulting a young woman during their invasion. The young woman died during childbirth and the baby was placed with social services. The child was able to survive in the atmosphere since she was half human, but she lived with something similar to asthma with daily breathing treatments and emergency inhalers at the ready. Truthfully, Kara and Lena both felt a pang of guilt each time they saw her because of the role they'd played in the daxamite invasion and the lead dispersion device. Ever since Freya had come to live with them, they'd been trying to send word to Mon-El and the Legion for his help. There was a cure in the future, and they so desperately wanted to alleviate Freya's suffering in whatever way they could.

But first they needed to officially become her parents, which meant coming and standing before a judge and convincing him or her that they were fit to be parents, and that they could give her the care she needed. Lena spent most of the morning in a panicked state, fearing that the judge wouldn't be able to see past the Luthor name. Not only that but given her health issues and her alien genetics, the judge had no reason to think that a reporter and an unemployed scientist could possibly know how to care for a child such as Freya.

Kara and Lena took their seats next to their lawyer and the Social Worker in charge of Freya's file. They'd both assured them that they had no reason to think that they wouldn't be given the approval they hoped for. As the bailiff walked in, Kara whispered in Lena's ear that they were in this together.

"All rise, for the honorable Judge Catherine J. Grant."

Lena and Kara shared a confused look as the former Queen of all media walked in and took her seat in the judges seat. As the bailiff gave his permission to be seated, Cat looked over the case file and smiled when she read the names.

"Kierra. Miss Luthor. So you do think that you are fit to be parents."

"Your honor, Mrs and Mrs Luthor-Danvers are quite capable of being..."

"Counselor, I can assure you I am intimately aware of their capabilities. Thank you very much."

After a bit more playful banter between them, Cat officially granted the petition for adoption. Once the matter was settled, she invited Kara and Lena to her chambers.

"I knew one day the two of you would be together. I just can't believe it took you so long to get your heads out of your asses. And now look at you, becoming parents. You two truly are two of the bravest women I've ever met."

"It's Freya that's brave, Miss Grant."

"Kara, I think you can call me Cat. After all, I'm not your boss any longer."

"Did you actually call me Kara?"

"I'm sorry, would you prefer that I call you Supergirl?"

Lena and Kara shared a surprised look.

"You know?!"

"Yes, Lena. I've known Kara's secret for a very long time. Even though she tried to trick me into believing otherwise by having the martian pretend to be her."

"Why didn't you say anything?"

"I knew you had your reasons for keeping it from me."

After a few more minutes of small talk, the three women parted ways. Lena and Kara were eager to get back home to their daughter. They promised Cat that they'd have her over to meet Freya soon. Knowing of their eagerness, Cat granted them access to her private balcony for Kara to quickly fly them home. Moments later, they were touching down outside of Kelly and Alex's home, their daughter kicking a ball outside with Esme and her aunties. They were excited to tell her the news, but they opted instead to join them in the fun. They'd take Freya to a special dinner and tell her then.