07

Traveling to hell wasn't like anything I had expected. Azazel instructed Felicity and me to go back in his car once we were done packing our things. I couldn't fit everything I owned into a bag or two so I just left the majority of my things back at our apartment. I took things that were the most important to me such as clothing, mementos, a photo album, and some of the plants I mothered that I just couldn't leave to die.

After we climbed into the car, Azazel sped off. One second we were speeding down the residential streets, and the next it looked as though there was a ripple in the air ahead. What seemed to be a portal opened up ahead of us and into it we went. I shut my eyes tightly out of fear, focusing on my breathing as my anxiety momentarily spiked due to my fear of the unknown.

The car halted suddenly. My body lurched forward at the impact before settling back into my seat. When I opened my eyes, I found Azazel looking at me in the rearview mirror. There was a glint in his eye.

"We're here," he said. "Need help?"

Before I could answer, he stepped out the car and opened my door. He grabbed one of the bags out of my lap. I looked up at him and grimaced as he walked off and opened an adjacent door. My eyes fell on my surroundings. We were in what closely resembled a garage. The garage was large and spacious. In fact, this one garage was bigger than the entire apartment that I shared with Felicity. Surrounding us were expensive cars after even more expensive cars that were all parked uniformly in neat rows.

I didn't know much about cars, but I could recognize some of the big name brands that rich people bought on earth. I looked off and around the room wondering just how many cars were in here. I tried to count in my head but gave up pretty quickly. How many cars could one person possibly need? And for what reason exactly did a demon need a collection of cars? And how could they afford it? Was there currency down here?

"Nice, right?" Naamah asked, her eyes twinkling in amazement as she looked around the garage. "More than half of these babies are mine."

"Lilo can't drive," I heard Felicity say, turning my attention to her. "She doesn't care or know anything about cars."

Naamah raised an eyebrow, looking around the room once more before her eyes returned to me. "I can teach you. You can choose whichever one you'd like. I have to warn you though...if you crash one of my babies I just might have to kill you." She smiled at me an almost sinister yet somehow still innocent smile. "I'm joking."

That didn't sound convincing. At all.

I pursed my lips. "Thanks for the offer but maybe another time. I'm honestly so exhausted. It's been a really long night."

I started off the day like any other day I had before. I studied all day before attending a party. I couldn't have seen this coming. It felt as though my whole world had been shaken up. I typically would've been in bed by now, sleeping off the alcohol in my system. But instead, I was in hell. My brain couldn't make sense out of this.

If I didn't go to the party, he would've found me regardless. He had Felicity watching over me. I couldn't have run away. He was a supernatural being and I was just a human. I stood no chance. But I still regretted the party. Maybe I could have had avoided this just a little while longer.

Naamah nodded before walking off towards the adjacent door that Azazel had previously gone through. "Follow me. We've done quite a bit of renovating since you've been gone, Felicity. I'll show you to your new room too."

"Renovating?" Felicity asked.

She paused at the door, placing a single hand against the doorframe. "Yes. Now can you two hurry up? I have other things to attend to."