Moving on

After staying in the hotel all morning, Natasha reminded us that we needed to leave, that we were on the run.

So we checked out on time, dumped the van at a scrapyard, and stole a truck.

Steve drove and Nat took shotgun while Sam, Bucky, and I squished into the back seat.

"I am the only normal person in their car." Natasha said, shocked after a few minutes. "That is depressing."

"Nah, you're crazy, I think Steve might be the normal one." I said, popping a couple M&MS in my mouth and handing a few to Bucky.

"No. he's got the superhero steroids." Nat dismissed. "But an argument could be made for your sanity."

Sam burst out laughing and ducked a hit from one of my crutches.

"Or not." Natasha chuckled. "Behave, you two." She said.

Bucky pushed me back into my seat and I suddenly understood why Natasha had made him sit between Sam and I.

I pouted in my seat and continued eating M&Ms and plugged my headphones in.

After a few minutes I noticed that Bucky was staring intently at me.

"What?" I asked.

"What're you listening to?" he asked, confused.

"My phone has music on-" he shook his head.

"No, I get that, what song?" I blushed and extended an earbud.

"It's the Trans-Siberian Orchestra this is the album they did with Mettalica." He looked confused. "it's basically rock 'n' roll meets a classical Christmas music?" I explained. "They have electric guitar versions of a violin." I said.

"No way." He listened to the music carefully and grinned. "I love this." He said decidedly. "It's weird."

"But it's cool right? the TSO did this killer Christmas album-"

"You listen to some weird stuff, Elliott." Sam jeered.

"Is that your last name?" Bucky asked, ignoring the rest of Sam's statement.

"Yes." I said, as the song changed to Coffee Shop Soundtrack by All Time Low.

"That was a weird transition." Bucky laughed as the song began picking up.

"I have a pretty weird taste in music." I said, still kind of blushy.

"When do we get to Starks place? I'm gonna puke with these two flirting." Sam said distastefully.

"We'd get there a lot faster if you'd quit complaining." Steve snapped.

"My words have no effect on the granny-like speed of this car." Sam retaliated.

"I do not drive like a granny!" Steve defended.

"I bet we'd get there faster if we threw you out." I said to Sam. "The car would be lighter." I pointed out.

"Or we could toss your fat ass out and make this ride actually tolerable." The annoying man a seat away for I'm me jeered stupidly.

"Who're you callin' fat you elephant?!" I exclaimed, leaning over Bucky to properly yell at Sam.

"You're so fat that when you go to the amusement park no one else can get on the roller coaster with you!" he said.

"Lame." I responded. "You're so stupid, you insult the driver, who happens to be a friggin' superhero and the crazy redheaded co-pilot that happens to be a Russian assassin." He shut up and sat there glaring at me while I grinned.