Interlude: Break pt.2

I didn't expect this chapter to be so angsty at the beginning, so prepare your tissues. If you cried, you're not the only one because I also cried while making this. (;﹏;)

I love reading your comments. It motivated me to write this, so thank you.

Anyways, there's something I forgot to say at the beginning of the story.

Kana, my oc, is just like Y/N. Meaning it's you, readers, I got more OC's appearing in this story, so feel free to imagine them as you.

~~

"You were in the mafia?" Kunikida asked, exasperated. It was difficult to believe that his partner, for all these years, a man who always annoys and teases him, is from the mafia. A criminal organization that rivals the agency. An underground organization that does crimes in a legal way.

Dazai swallowed his own saliva, his tense body didn't go unnoticed by Yosano. There was no escaping the obvious, so he nodded, his head lowered, staring at the floor as if it's the most interesting thing in the world.

Yosano understands the feeling, being acquainted with that man wasn't a good experience. Especially in that kind of place.

Tanizaki clenched his fist, reliving the memory of meeting Akutagawa, the mafia. The others looked at the ex-mafioso in an indifferent expression. Fukuzawa sighs as Ranpo keeps quiet, letting the others process the information.

Atsushi took deep breaths and exhales as he gained the courage to speak up. "But he changed for the better, right?"

Dazai looked at him surprised. "You don't know what things I did, Atsushi-kun." He looked at the ceiling as he sighs, and closed his eyes. "Horrible things."

"But you did good things too, right?" Kenji said. Hearing the other's past was shocking, but he knows how he tries to make up for it.

Kunikida softened his expression and reached his hand for Dazai's hair, patting it. Dazai sat there frozen at the affectionate gesture.

Affection.

He hadn't felt that in years, his eyes turned blurry as he felt someone hugging him followed by the others.

Tears?

It was his tears. He freely let them out as he sobbed, feeling them hug him tighter as he let out all his bottled feelings buried inside him.

His past hunted him for years, nightmares kept him awake on all those nights. Overthinking if his co-wor– his friends, found out about his past, how they will look at him in disgust, frightened. It hunted him.

Yet they accepted him in open arms.

He closes his eyes in contentment, enjoying the warmth of their arms wrapped around him in a cocoon as if protecting him.

He was happy.

Odasaku smiles as he watches the scene. He decided to check on them since they were taking too long, yet he stopped himself not wanting to ruin the moment, retreating and going back to the kitchen.

Before closing the door, he heard a burst of carefree laughter resonating around the walls of the theater, as the sound of bickering came after.

~~

"ANE-SANNN"

A guy with light blue hair partnered by his light blue clothes bursts from the door, earning the attention of the audience. His face showed panic as he staggered towards Kana.