The Fair

I fell back onto my bed and exhaled deeply. Emma climbed onto the bed behind me. She sat pretzel style and played with my loose ringlets.

"So you kissed, right?" she said after a few seconds of silence.

I spun over, laying on my stomach and resting my chin on my hands.

"No."

She looked at me, obviously confused. "Then why are you acting like this?"

"Like what?" I said, now being confused myself.

"You're, well you're acting so perky, like you will get up at any moment and dance around the room, and you're still blushing."

I raised my hand to my cheek and it was burning. Emma laughed at me and shook her head.

"I really like him," I said biting my bottom lip, slightly embarrassed.

"But you didn't kiss?" she confirmed.

"No!"

"Wow! You've got it bad then," she smirked at me.

"Got what bad?" I squealed.

"Well lil' sis, looks to me like you've caught the lovebug," she giggled.

--------------

The next morning, I slid on my Hunter rain boots and shrugged on a beige peacoat. I grabbed a bright red beanie and pushed it onto my hair, trying to hide how poofy it was today thanks to the rain and the humidity.

"Get me a bagel, Lenn!" I heard Emma yell from the shower.

I closed the door behind me and made my way down to the lobby and out of the hotel.

I pulled up my hood over my beanie and slid my hands into my pockets. The rain was coming down pretty hard and I wasn't in the mood to get soaked today no matter how much I loved this weather. I made my way over to a small bakery with a neon 'Open' sign shining brightly through the window on this gray day.

I walked in and immediately smelled cinnamon rolls. Come to mamma.

"Hello miss, how may I help you?" I was greeted by a middle-aged woman who just emitted happiness.

"Well, I cannot say no to those cinnamon rolls so two of those and can I get a plain bagel too?"

"Of course, darling," she said, happily bouncing from the cinnamon rolls to the bagel and setting a bag on the table.

I paid and strolled over to the Starbucks that was about two buildings down.

"Lennon!" Sandy immediately said as I entered. "I'll make your regular?" she questioned.

"Yeah make that two. My sister is staying over for a few days."

Sandy quickly maneuvered her way behind the counter and somehow concocted two drinks in about a minute.

She glanced back the register to make sure there was nobody in line and then she turned back to me.

"Any news about your boy?" she said, sliding my drinks forward and leaning against the drinks counter.

"Well actually, I think we went on a date last night," I squealed excitedly.

I sure hope that Niall considered that a date, because I sure did. What am I saying? Of course he thought it was a date. We held hands, danced, we ate desserts on a rooftop, and we talked about serious stuff. Not a normal date but my heart fluttered remembering every single second of it.

"Oh my god, you're blushing. Tell me everything!" she looked at me happily.

I gave her a quick synopsis of last night, realizing I had to bring breakfast to Emma.