Broken Hearts and Last Goodbyes

"One week yo!" Niall yelled into his computer. He picks up way too much of my American slang.

Yes, it was early March and there was one more week until I got to see Niall in person and I was buzzing. I absolutely could not believe it. Even though we talked so much on Skype, how could I not miss him? Niall and his bandmates were huge and their popularity was getting bigger by the hour. Not only was I seeing Niall next week, but I was going to meet Liam, Harry, Louis, and Zayn for the first time. Once again, I was buzzing.

"I know Ni! I'm so excited, you have no idea."

"I can't wait to see you Lennon!" I blushed.

"You see me right now, silly."

"You know what I mean, Lennon." We both laughed.

"Niall I gotta go meet Matt at this stupid party," I interrupted our cute conversation.

Yes, I had started talking to Matt again, but we weren't as close as we were before. He was always acting awkward around me and I had no idea why. Whatever, I have other friends if he's gonna be a jerk.

"Lennon, I don't trust him, please be careful!" Niall's so protective. I love it.

"Heu Niall, watchya doin?" I heard in the background.

"Who was that Niall?" I asked.

"Aghh," he told me. He turned away from the camera screaming, "Nothing Harry!" I heard a door handle fidgeting and I saw a long torso (his head was cut off by the camera).

I then saw Niall's face come really close to the camera.

"Lenn, call me right when you get home from this party. I want to make sure you're okay!" he said quickly.

I saw a hand grab the computer from him but Niall hung up before Harry (i guess) could see anything. I don't know why Niall doesn't want me to meet the guys yet but I'm sure he has some reason for it.

------------------------

*BEEP BEEP*

I grabbed my phone and my clutch and ran out the door. I was going to a birthday party for Matt's best guy friend, Michael. I didn't particularly like Michael but I went because Matt begged me to.

I ran to the passenger side of the car, opened the door, and sat in the seat, buckling in my seatbelt. I pulled down my skirt that was riding up and turned to face Matt, smiling.

"You look hot," he said. Ehhh! I hated when guys called girls hot. Have some respect! Maybe beautiful would work? Matt and I were literally becoming more and more distanced and I didn't like the kind of person he was turning into. How could someone change just like that? I missed my best friend.

I didn't respond but instead looked down at my outfit. I had on a tight, black pencil skirt with a white, flowing top tucked into it. I definitely could've worn a more conservative outfit and I did not know why I hadn't.

After some very awkward silence, we arrived at Michael's. The music was blaring everywhere and I didn't understand why the cops hadn't already showed up. Michael lived in a fairly large house but when we walked in, I couldn't even move. The smell of alcohol was in the air and even though it was a cool March night, the house felt as if it was on fire. I wanted to leave already, but Matt was nowhere to be found.

I somehow made my way through the crowd and to the snacks. Thank goodness, food. Unfortunately, there were only mini pretzels, chex mix, and brownies. Even if I did like chocolate, I don't think I would've went near those brownies, just sayin'.

About a half an hour later I was still chilling by the snacks, drinking water, even thought I was offered beer and jello shots about fifty five times. No thanks, I don't drink.