Chapter 17 - Pictures

**Jasons P.O.V**

"Come on, man. You have to come tonight" Travis said to me as I ignored him and continued to put away the dishes I just cleaned. He's over my house right now bothering me. The whole group is going to surprise Mackenzie with her favorite foods for dinner. "Stop being stubborn" I heard him say and then sigh.

"I'm not" I mumbled back.

"You haven't been there since two days ago" I heard in his voice he's getting annoyed. Well, I'm getting annoyed with him too.

"I just didn't go yesterday" I said as I turned around and finally looked at him. "It's still early, Trav. It's only noon" I crossed my arms and leaned against the counter.

"She asked where you were last night" He said back and sat down on one of the stools we have next to the island.

"Oh she didn't ask where Chase was?" I sarcastically asked and he rolled his eyes. I just shook my head and looked away.

**Flashback to Two Days Ago**

"Hey-" I stopped talking once I saw no one was in here. Why is Mackenzie not in her room? I walked right back out to see one of her nurses walking by. "Excuse me" I said getting her attention. She turned to me and smiled "I'm here to see my wife, but she's not in her room. Is everything okay?" I asked her and she nodded quickly.

"One of her friends took her for a little walk around the hospital." The nurse told me.

"Thank you" I said then walked back into the room. I sat down on one of the chairs and placed the flowers I brought on my lap. Gigi probably decided to pull her out of the room for once. Mackenzie is walking with crutches because of her foot, but she doesn't struggle with it which is good.

After a few minutes passed of me just sitting here staring at the wall, the door opened up. I instantly heard Mackenzie laughing which caused me to smile. Until I looked up to see her walk in with Chase. They both were smiling and my smile dropped instantly.

"Oh hi" Mackenzie said to me with a smile.

"Hey" I said back in a low tone as I stood up with the flowers in my hand.

"Hey man" Chase said with a little smirk. What a dick. He is taking advantage of the fact that she doesn't remember anything. I ignored him and looked back at Mackenzie.

"We just went for a walk. He suggested that I get out of the room for once. I'm glad I did, but we are about to get lunch, what are you craving?" She asked me. She seems really happy coming back from being with him. It really pisses me off.

"I can't stay" I said then put the flowers on the bed and walked out.

**End Of Flashback**

"Jason, I don't want to sound like a dick, but you can't get mad over that-" I cut him off.

"Yeah? Why not?" I asked as I stood up straight again and looked at him again.

"She just thinks he is another one of her friends. She didn't do it to hurt you or have any intention of being with him. It was innocent and you thought too much into it" He told me. I look a deep breath and shook my head.

"Yeah until she catches feelings for him-"

"Stop saying that-"

"She gets giggly with him, Travis" I said louder. He sighed.

"Just come tonight, okay?" He asked. I nodded and walked out of the room.

(A/N: below there are going to be pictures with Hailey in them. Please do not hate if you do not like her. I've been using her and Justin's pictures for this series since I started it in 2015. Thank you :) )