Chapter 57 - I Missed You

As happy as I am to have Jason back, I can't help but feel sad as I stare at the bruises on his body. I'm sitting on the counter in our bathroom as he just got out of the shower. He has a towel wrapped around his waist showing the bruises on his rib cage. On both sides of his body.

Last night, we all sat down and Jason explained everything to us. Their plan hit a bump and they got into this huge war with this other gang. They all had to turn their phones off so no one can track them. Jason had no time to tell me considering Sam woke up him and told him they had to get out of there as fast as they could and turn their phones off immediately. He said he tried to call me from a pay phone, but for some reason it wasn't going through. But they had a long fight and never got to leave Paris.

Then finally they killed the entire other gang and came home. Jason said he turned his phone on once he got off the plane, but obviously I was responding because I was in the hospital. But once he got home and saw Hunter, he decided to just not tell anyone.

I'm just glad he's home and okay.

"Angel" I heard him say in a quiet tone, pulling me from my thoughts. My eyes quickly traveled up to his eyes from the bruises on his body I was staring at. "I'm okay" he said with a chuckle. He walked over to me and stood between my legs.

"I know" I said back. "I was just looking" I played it off and shrugged.

"I missed you" he said as he put his hands on my waist.

"I missed you too so much" I said back then leaned in and kissed him. "I was really scared" I told him as I wrapped my arms around his neck. He sighed and nodded.

"I know. I'm sorry, babe. Every chance I could, I would try to call from a pay phone, but it never worked. It made me so angry. I didn't have every day so it was even more frustrating" he said then shook his head.

"I'm just happy now that you're home, you're safe, and you're okay" I said and he gave me a little smile.

"Me too, baby girl" he said quietly then leaned in and gave me a passionate kiss. "I just have to put clothes on then we can head over to Johnson's" he said then kissed me again.

"Okay, babe" I said but pulled him in again for another kiss. He smirked then pulled away and walked out of the bathroom. "I love you!" I heard him yell from the bathroom. I couldn't help, but to smile.

"I love you too!" I yelled back then hopped off of the counter.

We are going to Johnson's because Lauren is off today and is making lunch for everyone. Drew is in school and that also means Gigi is not around. So it's just me, Lauren and the guys. It's gonna be good time, all of us with Jason again. All the stress and anxiety finally is relieved.

***

"That is cute as hell" I told Lauren as I pointed at the pink blazer on her screen. Her and I are sitting in the kitchen looking at clothes online while the guys are outside grilling and talking about whatever the hell the guys talk about.

"Now this is something I want for work" she said as she clicked on the cutest grey blazer with matching grey dress pants.

"I love that" I agreed with her.

"Mackenzie" I heard Jason's voice in a low tone. I looked up from the laptop and over at him standing in the door way with his hands in his pockets. He looks serious. He usually doesn't call me by my name like that.

"Hi" I said back with a smile.

"Can I talk to you for a second?" He asked me. I nodded and stood up before looking over at Lauren.