02. in person

i understand :)

that felt fake. what happened to honesty is the best policy? well, taeil apparently doesn't even know her anymore right at that moment. but he has to stay the patient, understanding boyfriend, doesn't he? youngchul always appreciated that part of him.

wanna just go out for coffee?
we couldnt go on a date

sure i guess
today?

of course
i miss you youngie

heh
i miss you too tae

happy to see his boyfriend in person, taeil changes from his lazy outfit to a proper, casual outfit he'd actually wear outside of his flat. he seems to forget his previous gripes with youngchul as he drives to the place they planned to meet up at.

he gets there at record time and heads inside, successfully beating youngchul there. he orders his usual and shows his great memory by ordering youngchul's exact usual order. then, he went to find a table. it took a few minutes for youngchul to soon turn up, shooting taeil a smile as he walked over to him.

"hey tae," youngchul said in his voice that was as soft as feathers. he had a habit of brushing his brown hair aside, hence him doing it now. taeil has been dating him for two years now, since their freshmen year in college. he's bound to pick up on all the little things he does.

"hey youngie," taeil says brightly, pushing one of the cups of coffee towards youngchul. "i got your favourite."

his boyfriend took the cup with one delicate hand and smiles again. "thanks, taeil."

"no problem, babe," taeil retorts cheerfully. it's a nice feeling to hang out with him again ever since they've hardly been doing on dates anymore.

the general mood was good at first until taeil quickly picked up on youngchul's current mood. despite the smiles he was shooting his way, he didn't seem all that happy. he came off as withdrawn, distant, and closed off, answering and responding to taeil with short answers with a hardly happy tone.

"i have a dance competition soon," youngchul, for the first time that entire meet up, had started a new conversation.

"really? you never told me before!" taeil exclaims and he knows the reason why. "i'll definitely be coming. when is it?"

"in a month or so," youngchul says passively, looking off to the side out the window. he hadn't touched his coffee, the drink having cooled off the over time. "we've been practicing hard."

"i bet," taeil says eagerly. "you haven't invited me to any of your practices recently. i love watching you dance, youngie."

youngchul gave him another smile and taeil recognised it as another forced one. "i know, tae. you tell me that all the time."

"because i feel the need to," taeil went on. "you really are a great dancer."

"i guess so," youngchul's tone was passive again. he moves his brown eyes away from the window and looks down at his phone, catching sight of the time. "i should get back. other things to do."

"oh," taeil's smile falls. "see you soon, youngie."

"see you soon," youngchul forces one last smile before standing up. he doesn't leave without pecking taeil's lips, however.