20. finger painting

following the end of the school day, doyoung bought him and taeil an early dinner from that sandwich place they both share a liking for. youngchul talking to taeil had been wiped from his mind as he sat between doyoung's legs on the ground of his flat, still finishing off what remained of his meal, letting doyoung play with his hair.

taeil loves moments like this. it feels like they see each other almost every time on the day, even when they're at school. they keep running into each other in the corridor and taeil always earns himself a cheek kiss from doyoung at the end of their short encounter. taeil drove them to the sandwich place for doyoung to buy them the meal, which leads them to here.

now that taeil thinks about it, it would be wonderful to wake up beside doyoung every day. perhaps, if he can convince him to move out of his dorm and move in with him, that could happen. it would be a dream come true to taeil at this point.

"your hair's grown a bit long," doyoung mutters, using two locks to make a heart on his head with both of his hands. "you're growing it out?"

"not intentionally," taeil retorts. he thought of how johnny grew out his because ten said he thought he would look nice with long hair. ten turned out not to be wrong in the slightest.

"well, i like it," doyoung smiles. "so, how are we spending the rest of the day, illie?"

"i dunno, whatever you want to do, babe," taeil says simply and doyoung simpers, his cheeks turning a light pink colour. that term of affection always made doyoung blush. he thought for a few moments before speaking.

"finger painting!" he bursts out.

"that's something kids do," taeil retorts, his eyes closing as doyoung simply settles on running his hands through his hair instead of playing with it, something that could make him fall asleep.

"and? it's fun as hell," doyoung replies, finally removing his hands from taeil's hair. "finish eating. i need to find my paint...."

who is taeil to say no? he learned quickly that once doyoung wants to do something, he'll do it. for example, the time he brought taeil breakfast and wouldn't take no as an answer. but he had made taeil smile just by spending the entire day with him. a day he'll never forget.

once taeil's sandwich is completely gone, doyoung returns to the living room with a box with paint cans and two pieces of paper. they push aside the mess on the coffee table and doyoung places a piece of paper in front of them before settling the box on the table as well, quickly opening each small can of paint.

doyoung then places the underside of a finger in the paint before pressing it against the paper, leaving a print behind. after watching his boyfriend do the same thing a few times, taeil finally starts on his own piece of paper. he makes sure to include a few of every colour to make it pretty and colourful.

"that's good," doyoung says before looking back at his paper. he had only stuck to the pastel colours while taeil's was a hundred coloured rainbow.

taeil looks over at his. "thanks. yours is prettier, though."

"thank you," doyoung cannot hold back a smile from appearing on his face. then, an idea comes to his head. "here!"

he presses his finger against taeil's cheek, leaving behind a light blue fingerprint. taeil takes a moment to process what he did before he dips his own finger into one of the small cans of paint and does the same, making them both burst out in a fit of giggles as they leave fingerprints on each other.

"at one point, you didn't want to finger paint," doyoung says, perched up on the couch. taeil was still sitting on the floor between the couch and the coffee table, slowly reaching a finger into more paint.

"well, i didn't think it would end up being this fun," taeil retorts with a smirk before standing up. doyoung knows it's coming, but lets the other basically attack him, leaving behind a finger print on doyoung's pants. right on his behind by pure accident.

when taeil realises where it ended up, he opens his mouth to apologise, but doyoung lifts his head up to kiss him on the lips, bringing up his arms to rest around his neck. taeil, of course, responds, his eyes closing shut as he kisses back with matched eagerness. then, doyoung's letting the other get access into his mouth, their tongues meeting.

when taeil realises the change in the air, the way he starts to move the rest of his body against doyoung, he pulls away in a hurry, looking wide-eyed. "doie — "

"illie, why'd you stop?" doyoung asked curiously, opening up his eyes. of course, he just has to leave them half-lidded, his lips slightly parted as he pants.

"we're covered in paint," taeil says softly. "we should clean ourselves up."

his hands slip from doyoung as doyoung's grip loosens from his neck. the time before going to sleep is spent chilling on the couch and admiring their handiwork on the papers they had been focusing on earlier before attacking each other with paint-wet fingers.

doyoung had made his various pastel-coloured finger prints into a little heart meanwhile taeil had just simply went with the goal to cover the entire paper with every colour available to him.

"it's for you," doyoung says with the smile that makes taeil's heart flutter. "since i love you so much, illie."

"you're so cheesy," taeil pouts but on the inside he definitely appreciates the sweet gesture. doyoung giggles and leaves a short, soft kiss on taeil's lips.

"but you love that," doyoung winks.

taeil then moves to pull him into a longer kiss before suggesting they take showers and get comfortable for bed. doyoung doesn't argue. he takes awhile to take his own shower, though, too busy stealing kisses from taeil instead of looking for clothes he left behind at his flat.

when he finally does take his shower and then appears out of the bathroom afterwards, taeil barely gives doyoung much of any time before he's pulling him into his bed, claiming he's rather tired. once again, doyoung doesn't argue, doing his usual of snuggling up against taeil's chest as the other wraps his arms around him.

"illie?" doyoung says softly.

"hm?" taeil mumbles, his eyes closed.

"when we were on the couch and we were making out..." doyoung starts nervously. "why did you stop?"

"i told you. we were covered in paint, doie."

"is that really the reason?" doyoung asks him and even in the darkness only lit by the tiny amount of moonlight coming from the window, he could how rounded his eyes looked now. he was completely doe-eyed.

"yes," taeil says though that feels like lying. is that really the reason. he was enjoying it, thinking back to how good it felt to grind — oh no. that's why. of course, perhaps it's normal to think of your romantic partner that way, he's thought of youngchul like that in the past, they've done it, but this is doyoung. what if he doesn't want to do that?

doyoung looks unconvinced. "if you make out with me now, in this bed, will you stop?" he moves his face closer. "because i want it too, taeil."

that's enough. that's all it takes for taeil to crash his lips on his.