03. a drawing

taeil spends most of his monday sulking over seeing youngchul happy. okay, to be frank, he wouldn't be like this if his boyfriend hadn't acted so... forced when being with him. at the end of the day, he goes to the school's dance studio and waits outside.

he doesn't have after school chorus practice today, so he was perfectly free to wait for youngchul and walk him back to his dorm. it's also a great excuse to ask him what's wrong? what's taeil doing wrong for youngchul to act like that?

looking at the window that showed inside the dance room, he sees youngchul completely steal the show. he was natural-born dancer, proven by the way he easily moves his body to the music, never missing a beat. he likes watching his boyfriend doing what he does best.

soon enough, practice was over. he saw youngchul exchange a few words with johnny's
boyfriend, ten, before splitting off to walk with his group of friends. they leave the dance room together and that's when youngchul notices taeil.

taeil raises his hand in greeting and youngchul tells his friends to go off without him and he walks over to his boyfriend. the smile on his face doesn't seem so genuine anymore. "hey tae."

"hey youngie," taeil says. "you didn't walk with me earlier."

"sorry, i forgot," youngchul retorts. he's back with his excuses.

"well, i'll walk you back home," taeil says hopefully.

"sure, i guess," youngchul says passively.

they walked together, silence settling between them. youngchul had decided to pull out his phone and text someone else instead of exchanging even a few words with his own boyfriend, leaving taeil to frown at him. in retaliation, he checks the group chat to see what was going on in there.

with nothing interesting enough, he hides his phone away. he then clears his throat, finally earning youngchul's attention. "so, how was school?"

"fine," youngchul says stiffly as they finally reach the building containing the dorms. "you?"

"alright," taeil says.

alright? taeil then thinks with disbelief. it's hard to consider it alright when youngchul hardly ever acknowledged him, even in their shared classes, it's hard when he sees his boyfriend acting happy with other people and but suddenly act off around him yet won't tell him anything.

that thought comes back: honesty is the best policy. he's not being honest yet he can't bring himself to be honest.

"that's good then," youngchul then pauses. "i can walk by to my dorm myself. see you soon, tae."

"see you soon, babe," taeil says quietly.

youngchul turns his head, their eyes meeting before he's kissing him, pressing his soft lips onto his for a few seconds before moving on without another word. taeil watches his retreating back disappear up the staircase before finally moving on, his mood still pretty poor.

he finally gets around to checking instagram by the time night hits, hoping that doyoung was online. sure enough, he had conveniently already posted something a few minutes ago, the caption reading: feeling sleepy...