17. waiting for that day

their lips touch.

doyoung doesn't jerk away, he instead leans into the kiss after the brief shock wears off, his eyes closing again. it's like something goes off, like a spark when they're kissing each other. taeil can feel his skin tingling wherever doyoung touches him, slowly bringing his hand up his arm.

taeil, in turn, keeps caressing his cheek. he never thought his lips would be so soft against his, he never thought he'd feel such a fiery uprise in him just from kissing him. it was an unexpected and wonderful surprise.

soon, the kiss reaches its peak, and they pull away to properly breathe. doyoung's eyes open and taeil's action of caressing his cheek softly halt as they stare at each other.

"you..." doyoung says after awhile, breaking through the kiss that followed the kiss. "...like me?"

what does he think that kiss meant? taeil smiles. "yeah, i like-like you."

doyoung smiles too, his voice nearly quiet when he speaks again. "me too. i've liked you for ages now. ever since i heard you sing for the first time."

"that's what you were going to say in the staircase," taeil whispered.

doyoung nodded. "yeah, you caught me. i just chickened out of basically confessing to you."

taeil's heart seemed to leap at the confirming of his original suspicion. at the moment, he just wants to kiss him again, but doyoung keeps going, seemingly encouraged by taeil smiling fondly at him.

"i didn't know how to talk to you when my friends told me to, then taeyong says he found your instagram so i finally send a message, and you know what happened next," doyoung giggled. "i really like being with you."

"me too," taeil said in full honesty. he leans back in and doyoung does the same, fully accepting the second kiss. their lips meet and all taeil can think about is doyoung. more tingly feelings spread throughout his arm when doyoung slides his hand up it before reaching his hair, slowly running through the brown locks.

"mm," doyoung hums before pulling away, his face flushed red. "sorry, just... what now?"

"what now?" taeil questions.

"yeah, do you wanna...?" doyoung starts. "y'know...."

taeil put it together immediately at once. "go on a date? of course."

doyoung smiled again. "yay!"

they decide sunday was the best day to go with the both of them having nothing to do on the weekends. they spend the rest of the day waiting for that time to come.

"just so you know, i'm not free sunday," taeil told his friends that afternoon as he writes notes from his book in his notebook.

"not free on sunday?" johnny tilts his head to the side. "okay?"

"oh," ten slowly lowers the straw of his cup down away from his lips. "why?"

"i'm going on a date," taeil told them cheerfully.

"with who?" kun cuts in.

"kim doyoung, obviously," johnny snorts. "he literally told me he has a crush on him."

"really?" ten said. "well, congrats, tae. i hope it goes well."

"good for you!" kun grinned.

"what're you planning to do?" ten asked curiously.

"movies and going out to eat, that's all," taeil answered. "he didn't say what movie or what restaurant. he wants to surprise me."

"ooh, sounds fun," ten says before sipping his drinks. "a lot more fun than what me and my favourite chicago bulls player are doing."