11. the art guys

"where were you this morning?" johnny asked curiously, picking a pepperoni off of taeil's pizza slice, his friend eyeing his retracting hand with a frown.

"eating breakfast with doyoung," taeil simply answered, feeling a little bit salty about his now missing piece of pepperoni. before johnny can nick another one, kun just peels the rest of his first slice and gives them to johnny.

"eating breakfast made you later than usual?" kun asks as johnny's eyes light up. "also, why didn't you get your own pizza, johnny?"

"i'm waiting for ten to bring me lunch," johnny says, finally eating one of the small, round pepperonis.

"yeah, we just forgot what time it was," taeil admitted. time goes by fast when you're having fun, a voice in the back of his head says. that statement held truth in it. a lot of truth.

"that's weird, you're always on time," johnny picked up another pepperoni off of his napkin.

"well, today i wasn't," taeil retorted, saying the obvious.

kun tilted his head to the side curiously but didn't say anything, preferring to look sadly down at his now first slice of cheese pizza afterwards. but soon the problem of johnny being a pepperoni thief was solved when ten arrived with their lunch. johnny looked happy at the new addition of his boyfriend and greeted him with a cheek kiss.

"thank you," johnny told him gratefully as he slid his lunch over to him. when ten finally fitted himself between him and kun, his boyfriend just gave the dancer one last cheek kiss in appreciation.

"no problem," ten blushed. "just eat. there's time to kiss me later."

they all hungrily ate their lunch. while the other preferred to talk when they finished, taeil did his usual and got up to throw his empty paper plate away.

when he finally reached the trash bins that were a decent distance away from his and his friends' table, he tossed it away. before he could head back, he heard a familiar voice calling out his nickname.

"hey illie!"

doyoung!

taeil was already smiling before he turned around to face the black-haired male. doyoung threw his own empty plate away before engaging with a conversation with the other.

"i never see you at lunch, so it's great see you now," doyoung said cheerfully.

"same to you," taeil reported. honestly. "what's up?"

"i just wanted to say hi but i realised you've never met my friends," doyoung answered and suddenly he went shy, his cheeks going pink. "i talk about you to my friends a lot, so...."

"oh," taeil found himself blushing a little. he didn't know about that. well, obviously, since doyoung never previously mentioned talking about him to his friends. loads of times, at that.

"just like real quick or something," doyoung went on, his face still showing his obvious blushing. "they want to meet you, so...."

taeil glanced back at johnny, ten, and kun. the couple were being rather handsy with each other while kun had his head bowed over his phone, smiling brightly. they hardly noticed that he had gone. "sure, that's fine."

"okay, c'mon then," doyoung started heading off in another direction, taeil following suit. they made their way past other fellow students to reach a table a lot more full than taeil's.

he had already spotted the sketchbook at one empty spot, which he automatically knew was doyoung's spot. also at the table along with doyoung's little sketchbook was someone drawing things onto their arm with a marker, someone strumming their guitar as someone else watched, and other adjusting his earring, his nails a noticeable black colour.