•Slavery is Over•

Xian's POV

I could detect my mate's scent as soon as they stepped into the cafeteria.

My wolf had gone crazy at their scent, one that resembled a combination of Citrus and Vanilla, plus their natural scent and I wanted nothing more than to find them and mark them this instant.

That was when Lauren, my beta's sister brought them to our table.

She was the most beautiful thing I'd ever laid eyes on. Her upper lip was a shade darker than the lower one and they seemed to be set in a permanent pout.
She had dark chocolate skin that was the smoothest thing ever. Her long legs were exposed in a light floral print dress that complimented her figure perfectly.
She looked like a doll, one I could stare at for ages but not touch lest I marr her.

Her black hair was braided in different sections towards the back of her head all the way down to her waist with transparent beads attached at the individual end of each braid, and her dark honey eyes seemed to glow with laughter from whatever discussion she was having with Lauren before they finally met with mine.

By the way she stared at me I could tell she could felt the bond, probably not as strong as I could, since she was human, but it was evident she felt the sparks.

Lauren was still talking but I couldn't hear a thing she said, my focus was on my beautiful mate sitting right in front of me.

"Hey Abi, I'm Lance, Lauren's twin brother." I heard my Beta say.

Her attention snapped to the boy in front of her, as her eyes left mine and she gave a smile, shaking Lance's hand.

I felt my self unconsciously release a growl. What the fuck?

All eyes went to mine, as I felt them whimper in submission, all except her. Even if she didn't have a wolf she should have at least submitted, but it was as if my wolf had no effect on her.

Interesting.

Abiola's POV

What is wrong with me, Xian just growled and I found it sexy.
Normal people don't find growls from scaringly handsome boys sexy.

I'm blaming it on PMS.

And could have sworn I felt some sort of power radiate when Xian growled as well.

It's this American air, it's not good for me, see how I'm hallucinating.

Xian excused himself and left the table and I had the sudden urge to follow him.

I excused myself under the pretense of needing the loo and left.

That's it, I've officially gone insane. Where do I know him from that I want to follow him?

This whole state seemed to be filled with forests, there was a path that led right towards one and I had the feeling that I should head towards there.

I was about to go when I heard a familiar voice call me, I turned back and it was Lucas.
He was standing with some other guy that looked just as good as he did.

Was this whole school filled with models? Nawa oo, they should cut soap for me abeg.

"Hey Abby." Lucas said giving me a hug.
I mean, I just met the fella, but he's handsome and he smells nice, so I guess it's okay.

"This is Jonah, my best friend."
"Jonah, Abby, Abby, Jonah" Lucas said introducing us.

"Hey Abby. It's great to meet you, Lucas hasn't been able to shut up about you since this morning." Jonah said, grinning at his friend's expense.

Lucas' cheeks went bright red and I couldn't help but laugh at how adorable he looked.

We ended up sitting on the grass and talking about nonsense till break was over.

"What class do you have now?" Lucas asked me. Jonah had already left a few minutes ago saying something about meeting up with the football coach.

"Algebra" I replied.

"Oh cool, that's what I have as well, let's go." As we walked back in the building I could feel eyes on us, they were probably thinking;

What is the school lothario doing with the new black chick?

But we ignored them and walked into class.

We were early and no one, including the teacher was in class. We continued our discussion about whether Nicki Minaj, Cardi B or Meghan thee Stallion was the queen of rap, when the door opened.

Xian stood there, and when his eyes landed on the two of us he looked like he was ready to commit murder.

Lucas squinted his eyes and stood up from my table where he was sitting.

I swear I could feel some sort of power struggle and it gave me a headache.

No words were said just malicious glances being thrown up and down.

"Abby, what are you doing with him." Xian said in a dangerously deep tone that I swear I didn't find sexy.

See Jamb question oo, I'm talking with somebody you're now asking me what I'm doing with him.

"I was talking to him." I replied curtly with my mouth drawn in a line.

"I don't want you speaking with him again." Xian said, his eyes turning darker than its normal blue.

Is this boy okay? We've barely said a word to each other.

"O gbadun. Oga, I know I'm black, but slavery is over. I don't know why you think you can tell me who I can and cannot talk to." I replied rolling my eyes.

I turned back to Lucas, who seemed unable to control his laughter.

Xian looked shocked, like he'd never been talked to like that. Sha it's good he has met me, he may be devilishly handsome but that isn't an excuse for him to talk to me anyhow.

I could feel Xian staring daggers into mine and Lucas' backs for the rest of the period.

I don't understand whether it's evil spirit that has possessed the guy or something. It's like I'll offer him some of my annointing oil that my mother brought from her pilgrimage to Jerusalem.

I had my last period for the day with Lance and as soon as he sat next to me he scrunched his nose. I was sure I put on deodorant this morning.

"Where you with Lucas Boyd?" He asked, looking irritated.

"Yeah almost the whole day" I replied.

Mans was looking livid I tell you.

"What's everyone's problem with Lucas ? He's a cinnamon roll. First Xian, now you." I asked, feeling flustered.

"Xian saw you and Lucas together?" Lance asked, looking surprised.

"Yeah, they looked like they wanted to kill each other." I replied.

"They probably did." Lance mumbled under his breath just low enough for me to hear.

"Look Abby, Lucas and Xian have major bad blood between them. It's better if you don't get caught up in it." Lance said sternly.

I just got here guy.

I'm probably a horrible human being, but why did I perk up at the thought that there would be drama.

"I wouldn't dream of it." I replied internally smirking.

This would be an interesting semester.

Vocabulary

O gbadun ~ it's like your not alright

Oga~ sir/Mr.

Cut soap for me~ Tell me your secret.