•You smell very human•

"Where the fuck do you plan on taking me?" I asked Lucas, raising an eyebrow.

"To my pack house." Lucas replied, buckling his seatbelt.

I stared at the idiot in front of me. The way he looked so cool about the whole thing was boiling my blood.

"And you didn't think you should ask me first? What if I had plans." I retorted back with an annoyed look on my face even though I infact, had no plans.

"Well did you?" He asked me with a smirk that irritated the fuck out of me.

"Huh." I responded back like an idiot.

"Did you have plans? Ones that didn't include binge watching Reign from season one to five." He asked looking very pleased with himself.

The cocky bastard!
I mean, he was right but still! He didn't have to be so pompous about it.

The proud smirk that grew on his face as I folded my chest and put my lips in a pout, showing my utmost displeasure at his accuracy was like a slap saying;
"I may only have known you for a week but I can already read you like an open book."

"I thought we could try to figure out what you are and I also need to be around my pack in case anything happens or we get more clues about the rogue attacks." He said with his eyes focused on the road.

I lost my attitude and started to think of my supposed new found 'powers'.

"And plus, it would be a good chance to introduce you to my pack. So far, the only person you know is Jonah."

This caught my attention. I couldn't wait to make new friends that weren't Xian's.

Call me selfish or whatever, but I wanted my own friends, ones that I made on my own. I didn't want to intrude on anyone's already existing friend group.

We were on the road for at least 2 hours, which made me wonder what time Lucas woke up to come over to my place, and what time he wakes up before school each day.

We got to what seemed like a small community before Lucas finally drove up to the largest house in sight.

I could see people everywhere, both teens and adults alike. They all seemed to be doing their own thing and I was immediately excited.

As soon as we got down from the car, all eyes went to Lucas and I. If this happened before yesterday, I'd probably think they were staring because I was black, but now I know it's because I was with their Alpha, and that seemed to be a call for attention.

The people suddenly turned their eyes away but it didn't look like it was because they wanted to, in fact it kinda looked forced.

Lucas led me in to the huge house and we were immediately greeted by a woman with such a striking resemblance to Lucas that it had to be his mother.

"Oh, hello there, Lucas you didn't tell me you were bringing over a guest." His mum said with a smile that tried to hide her questioning eyes.

Oh no.

I didn't want to feel unwelcome here, it wasn't even my idea to come in the first place!

"It's alright Mum, she knows about us."
Lucas said after some time. I was sure his mum had mind-linked him something.

You could see Lucas' mum's eyes widen at the thought that I knew anything about wolves.

"Mum this is Abiola, my friend from school. She isn't human." Lucas said, introducing me to his mother.

If I thought Lucas' mum's eyes were wide before, right now they were bulging so hard I thought they would pop out.

She quickly regained her composure and offered her hand to me with a smile.

"Hello Abby, I'm Mrs. Boyd and Lucas' mum but don't call me that it makes me feel old. You can just call me Rae" She commented with a short laugh.

I was facing internal confliction. I didn't know how to address someone more than 10 years older than me by their first name and it made me feel rude no matter how much they said it was okay.

"Errr... Thank you Ma'a... Rae" I quickly corrected myself.

"If you don't mind me asking, what exactly are you Abiola? I could've sworn you were human when you walked in. You smell exactly like one." She finished.

"Umm... I kinda don't know, I actually found out I wasn't human yesterday and Lucas offered to help me find out what I was." I said, awkwardly scratching the back of my head.

She looked shocked at my confession.

"I offered to help Abby figure out what she is and I decided I'd start by showing her other supernaturals and pack life in general." Lucas said, stepping into the conversation.

"That's wonderful, you kids should have fun. Your dad and I have an important meeting with the Gamma and Gamma female." Rae said, walking out of the door.

Lucas headed over to what I assumed was the kitchen and I followed him.

I could hear two voices arguing and when we walked in we saw Jonah and another girl I could've sworn I knew from school looking like they were ready to fight.

"Everyone knows the chicken came before the egg!" Jonah said, looking ready to unalive the girl in front of him.

"That's dumb, the chicken came from the egg so of course it has to come first you idiot!" The girl fired back.

"Ummm... Guys." Lucas said, trying to inform them that we were in the room.

"WHAT!"
They both faced us and shouted at the same time.

Lucas raised both his hands in mock surrender as those two finally realised who they shouted at.

"I'm sorry Lucas, it's just that your cousin here is being very immature." Jonah apologized, lacing the cousin part of the sentence with venom.

Oh, so she was Lucas' cousin.

"Says the person who thinks the chicken came before the egg." Lucas' cousin replied rolling her eyes.

Omo, see as they just ignored me like I'm air.

"Ahem." I cleared my throat, trying to gain their attention.

"Oh hey Abby, I didn't see you there." Jonah said, drinking out of whatever was in his cup.

How will you see me when you're busy arguing about chicken and egg.

"WAIT! ABBY?! What are you doing here?" Jonah screamed, spitting out the contents of his cup after coming to the realisation that it was in fact me, Abiola Temitope Akinyemi standing in front of me and not Taylor Swift.

"Abby, as in Xian's mate?" The girl asked, raising a cynical eyebrow at me.

So you mean I was the only one who did not know Xian was my mate.

Just great.

"It's like it's me oo." I said, replying the girl who was looking at me like I was someone who put their milk in before the cereal.

"Abiola isn't human and we're going to help her find out exactly what she is." Lucas said, as if he'd said the line a hundred times.

"Who the hell is we ?" The girl said, throwing me death glares. I had started to think she wasn't much of a fan.

"The plural of I and in this case includes : You, Jonah and me."Lucas said with a commanding tone I hadn't ever heard him use before.

A/N
Hey guys 😪 abeg I'm too tired for authors note today. I had such a long ass day and I said let me just update before I collapse on my bed.

Sha, you people know the drill nau, don't forget to Vote, Comment and Share !!! Let's grow the WPC family.

~A very, very tired author 💜