Chapter 4 - Baby News

3 months later

Lizzie POV

My life over the past couple of months has been a gift. Robbie and I packed up most of our house and moved to Texas. The set, crew, and cast have all been amazingly supportive of Lily Rabe and me. So crazy we were both pregnant while filming. I kept it under wraps for the first couple of weeks, then my morning sickness got progressively worse and, I would have to take more breaks than usual. But I actually found this time, filming is much more comfortable for me. Now I feel the same excitement as I used to onset and am in love with my job. Oh and, not to mention Robbie and I are ecstatic over the baby. When I get home from work, Robbie and I will cuddle and, he will talk to my stomach. It is honestly the cutest thing ever. And I still cannot believe that I was able to keep all this a secret though, The world and our parents still do not know. But today Robbie, and I are heading back to LA.

We already knew how we were going to announce the pregnancy. We had taken a picture with the pregnancy test, and Robbie had slipped a clue in an Instagram story last month. Literally, no one saw it and has said anything about it which, was strange. But I honestly think everyone will be surprised out of their minds.

We make it back to LA around 9 am. I am currently wearing a trench coat so, no one sees my little baby bump. I literally look like my sisters. We get in the car and drive home. But on the way home, we pick up our groceries from Whole Foods. Which ends up taking way too long.

Once we pull into the driveway, we just sit there staring at our house. I look at Robbie and say, "Welcome home, my love". He kisses me on my forehead and places a hand on my bump before I decide to get out of the car.

Tonight, we are actually going to tell my mom and my brother Trent that we are having a baby. But right now, we are on FaceTime with the in-laws and are about to show them the big news. All of Robbie's family lives in Colorado so, it makes it easier to tell them.

"Hey, guys!" We both say together.

"We've been meaning to call but, the time has got the best of us and, we were away in Texas for a couple of months". Robbie says

The families agree with yes and oos.

But we have something to share with you all. I say

Robbie holds up a pregnancy test and says, "Do you know what this means?"  He jokingly adds I don't know how to read it?

His mom immediately says Hunny turn it towards the camera.

He does and, they all gasp. His sister Julia gets up and screams and grabs her sister, Meredith's, hand as they both jump up and down. Meanwhile, Robbie's mom is crying uncontrollably to her husband.

"Surprise guys!" I say laughing

Julia runs back to the camera. "How far along are you Liz?"

"I am about 3 months. So like 12 weeks pregnant. We found out very early and have been able to keep it from everyone." I stand up and lift up my shirt to expose my smallish bump.

Awwww's come from the other side as Robbie kissed my belly and rubs my tummy as well.

His mom says, "You both will be amazing parents. I cannot imagine how lucky this little kiddo is gonna be."

Meredith says, "He's gonna blessed genetically at least. Her mom slaps her arm."

Robbie, laughing, says, "He?"

"Yeah, HE." Meredith says back "I already know the baby is a boy."

We talked for an hour before we decided that we had to get ready to go to my mom's house. You will never guess how that went...

Author's Note:

Sorry I haven't posted recently. Life is absolutely crazy but I love this book so much. Hopefully, Lizzie and Robbie have kids soon so this isn't just a fantasy.