Reunited

. The door opens and I see a beautiful, older woman with blue eyes and white blonde hair. She sees me and I can see a question in her eyes.

How can I help you the woman asks. Are you Jean Milburn? I ask. Yes. How can I help you? she questions. I take a deep breath. I believe that you are my mother I say. Jean looks surprised and invites me in to talk. I tell her how my father is Remi and explain everything to her and how my father has no idea that I am in England.

You should call your father and tell him where you are. We shouldnt worry him anymore than necessary Jean, my mother says. Yeah, yeah. Um, I was hoping to stay with you for a bit, that is, if you dont mind? I say. Of course I dont mind. Stay as long as you like. I am so glad that you are here, but we do need to figure this whole situation out soon my mum says.

Mum shows me to a room and I put my stuff there. I call my father and he is furious with me. Alexis, you are in so much trouble. You cant just leave the country without telling anyone. You have no idea the stress that you have put us under! You need to come home as soon as possible my father shouts at me. Dad, I dont want to come home just yet. I just met my mother, you know, the one that you have kept from me all these years. I shout right back.

I hang up on him, angry with him. I start to cry. I hear the front door open. I dry my tears and walk to the bathroom. I see a young man walk in. Hello. Are you here to see my mother? the guy asks. I assume that this is Otis. I guess you could say that I say, a smile on my face. What do you mean Otis asks, confused.

Our mum walks into the living room at this moment. Ah, Otis. Perfect timing. This is Alexis. She is your twin sister. Mum explains. Otis has a look of surprise on his face. Mum, what do you mean. I dont have a sister Otis says, clearly not believing her.

Otis, I assure you darling, this is your twin sister, Alexis. I think I would know since I gave birth to you both she says. Otis is slowly digesting this piece of information. Okay, after the day Ive had, this is par for the course Otis says as he runs up the stairs.

Oh boy mum says as she slumps on the couch. Im sorry to bother you yet again, but I think we should all talk. You, me, and Dad I say. I suppose youre right. We need to take care of this Mum says as she rubs her temples. Ill set up a skype in a moment after I have some time to think

I go to my temporary room and start writing down the pros and cons of me staying with my mum versus going back to my dads. Pros of staying with my mum: getting to know my birth mother and my twin brother that I didnt know I had, getting to go to a new school, and getting to know new people. Cons: miles away from anyone that I used to know, getting to go to a new school, and my dad being thousands of miles away.

Alexis, Ive got your father on mum yells from her study. I go to the study. Alexis, I think that you should come home. You at least need to finish school and then we can think about things. My father says. Okay, dad, I dont want to go home. I want to stay here and get to know my mum that I didnt know I had until a week ago. I also want to get to know Otis. I fit in better here. My accent isnt weird here and no one will make fun of me for it. I want to stay here I say, hoping that they will understand and will allow me to stay.

Lex, I think that your mother and I should talk alone for a bit my dad says and I leave the room. I am so nervous about what will happen. Otis invites me to go up to his room while we wait. He shows me his extensive record collection. He has a switch and we play super smash bros for a while. I am absolutely crushing him. I am winning five to two when our mum knocks on the door.