Do the Crime, do the time

I start working on my homework. As I am close to getting done, I just can't sit there anymore. I get up and walk to the front door. "Where are you going, darling?" Mum asks. "I'm going to go study with Maeve" I say.

"Alright. Would you like Otis to go with you or anything? Please make sure that you are back before dark." she says. "Mum, I'll be fine. Otis can come along if he wants, but I don't need him to" I reply. I am hoping that Otis comes with me, but I need to do things on my own. "Actually, Eric and I are going to meet up in town so I can go with you to meet Maeve" Otis says.

We get on our bikes and start biking into town. It only takes us about ten minutes to get to town. I meet Maeve outside at a cafe and we get a table outside. "So, what did you want to talk about?" Mave asks. "I-I wanted to talk to you about that one night at your house" I say, not fully wanting to talk about it.

"Okay. What about it?" Maeve asks, a little confused. "This is extremely hard for me to talk about, but I have been thinking about it a lot. Do you know where your brother is?" I say. "What does Sean have to do with this? I think he's coming back this weekend" Maeve replies. I immediately start panicking that he is going to be close this weekend. It hardens my resolve to tell Maeve that it was her brother that raped me.

"Maeve. I need you to listen to me. Now, I wouldn't say this if I wasn't absolutely sure about this" I say. "Lex, what are you talking about? What are you getting at?" She asks. "Maeve, the man who raped me was Sean, your brother" I say. Maeve sits there for a moment, not quite sure what to say. "What do you mean my brother? It couldn't have been Sean. He would never do anything like this" she says.

"Maeve, I know it was him. I can tell you that his DNA is a match with what is in evidence. I would not be telling you this if there was even a sliver of doubt in my mind, Maeve" I say, tears steadily streaming down my face. "Alright. I'm sorry that I doubted you. What do you need me to do?"

We go over our plan which is when Sean comes back into town, Maeve will lead him to the same cafe that we are at. I will get Sean to confess, or at least incriminate himself while Maeve gets the whole thing on video. Maeve will be discreet about videoing the exchange. Otis walks up to our table.

"I think it's about time to start heading home" Otis says and i realize that it will be getting dark soon. I get up, hop on my bike and follow Otis home. We get home and Mum tries to talk to me again, but I can't let anything distract me now that I have a plan. I get ready for bed and go to sleep.