Hospital

I went to Maeves house after school to hang out I start. I decided to start walking home once it started getting dark. I felt like someone was watching me, but I thought nothing of it. Next thing I know, Im in this strange room with this man. H-he hits me until Im quiet. A-a-and then h-he, he starts to take off his clothes I say. I start crying, and my ribs hurt. My mums face goes soft. Oh darling, Im so sorry she says and tries to hug me. I shrink away, not wanting anyone to touch me ever again.

Okay, would you rather wait until morning, or go now? mum asks me. Can we just get it over with I say. Alright, let me go get dressed and ill be right back mum says. Mum, I dont want to be alone I say, scared. Okay, come up to my bedroom mum says and I follow her up stairs. Mum gathers her clothes and goes into her bathroom. She comes out dressed and we go to the car.

I am in my mums robe as we enter the hospital. I am absolutely terrified now. We get checked in immediately once the nurse sees my face. They do x-rays of my face and chest. I think that I have finally went into shock. I have gone numb. They draw blood and put an IV in. Eventually, a bobbie shows up. I tell them everything. My mum starts crying and leaves the room halfway through. After I talk to the cops, a doctor comes in to talk to me about checking for evidence in my down-belows. I nod, knowing that it is necessary.

After the examination, I lay in the hospital bed, hopped up on pain killers and anti-biotics. Mum went to pick up a few things for me and to let Otis know whats going on. I wake up from my sleep and start having a seizure. The doctor and nurses come in to help. They flash a light in my eyes and I have an epidural hematoma they say. They rush me to surgery. Im in surgery for almost seven hours before they are done.

I wake up and I am confused as to where I am. I try to sit up, but the pain in my head and sides is too much. No, no, no. Dont try to sit up, just relax. Mum says. My mouth is so dry. A nurse comes in with a glass of water and some crackers. I slowly sip at the water. I notice that there is a man in the room, sitting by my mother. I think its that plumber that fixed our bathroom a couple weeks ago.

How are you feeling, dear mum asks. I have a killer headache I say. What exactly happened? I continue. You had a brain bleed, and they had to operate on you to fix it mum answers. Oh I say. I reach up to scratch an itch on my head and realize that part of my head is shaved. What the hell? I say.

They had to do that for the surgery mum says. Oh, and I should mention that your father is on his way here she continues. Oh no I groan. Now hes gonna want me to move back with him I say. No one has said anything about that, darling mum says, caringly.

Mum and Jakob leave to let me rest. They are keeping me in hospital for a few more days to monitor me. The days pass by at a crawl. They managed to find my schoolbag, bike, and phone. My keys were nowhere to be found. Finally, Thursday comes around and I am released from the hospital. I am not allowed to get out of bed unless it is absolutely necessary.

Mum gets me all set up in my bedroom. If you need anything, dont hesitate to text or call or yell or whatever she says. Im still a bit shaken up, but Ive mostly calmed down. I have lots of hydrocodone for the pain. I have a broken nose, two bruised ribs, three cracked ribs, and still a bit of swelling around my eyes.