Opposites Attract - Chapter Four

Casey and I have been texting non-stop.

Even last night I barely realized how late it got till she pointed out the time. Ever since I told her about the book we've been spitting out ideas left and right.

One of mom's book was written by an author who told the story from two perspectives. The author wrote the chapters in a way which felt like reading the characters' diaries, so each one ended up having a different style. It made the book feel interesting and a bit more real since the two leads had their own distinct personality. I suggested doing something like that to Casey and she's been in love with it ever since.

I looked across the lunchroom to her. We were in the same room but we still texted to avoid catching any attention. She looked really happy, typing away at her phone. She had a mini notebook laid out on the side, jotting down all the ideas we came up with.

I won't lie, I'm actually enjoying this more than I thought I would.

"Jack?"

Shit.

I got too distracted and forgot I'm still with the guys right now. I think Mike's starting to get a bit suspicious.

"Yeah?"

"You haven't said a single thing after sitting down. The food's that good?"

"Oh..Yeah aha. Sorry, I was daydreaming for a bit."

He looked down at my phone. You can tell from his eyes when he's getting upset.

"Who're you texting?"

"...What's it to ya?"

I didn't really know how to act. I've never been in a situation like this, i can't tell if I should be aggressive or passive.

"Oh sorry, I guess it's too personal to tell me huh? My bad, I thought we were friends."

"We are, what are you talking about?"

"Oh we are, aren't we? If we're friends, give me the phone, Jack." He started to reach his paw out towards me.

Who the hell does he think he is?

"Mike you're not my mom. I can text whoever I want without your permission."

"...You've really grown an attitude haven't you, Savage?"

I started to ignore him. Just took another bite of my food and kept texting, making sure he can't see who it's with.

"...Hard way it is, then."

I don't know what he meant by that. I just know it's nothing good.

***

It was Saturday, about time honestly. With how things have been these past few days, seeing Casey again was the only saving grace for this week.

...I know I shouldn't be thinking that. But it's the truth.

After about ten or so minutes of waiting outside, I saw her rushing in. She was beaming, much happier than the last time we met like this. I was smiling myself, I honestly couldn't hide how happy I felt to see her.

"Hi Jack!"

"Hey Casey."

She smiled, then fumbled with the keys

"Ahh! I'm so excited to start working on the book! This project really intimidated me at first, but I'm getting really hyped to work on it now! That idea of yours was genius!"

"Thanks, but I guess we should be thanking the author of the book we're referencing really."

We went inside and started walking back to the library.