Opposites Attract - Chapter Two

The teacher explained a bit more of the project and what we had to do. It was an ELA project to write a short novel with a minimum of thirty chapters in it and it has to be fictional. It's to encourage ourselves to write more and get inspired and stuff. She's one of the better teachers that's actually passionate about teaching but I think sometimes she can get a bit too passionate. I honestly just want this over with. I don't see the point in writing books. Sure, I like reading some of them but why do mammals want to waste their time writing? It doesn't pay you that much, it takes way too much time, ruins your eyes and damages your back, why would anyone want to do it? 

I guess I'll never understand authors.

But that's the least of my priorities. I'm lucky none of the guys are in the same class as me or else they would've found a way to turn this into an insult opportunity. We have pretty different schedules so I don't have to deal with them too much. I do notice Casey's in most of my classes with only one period I never see her. 

Speaking of Casey, she's what I'm afraid of.

I have to spend three months with her. Three months talking to her. Three months pretending her cheerful vibe isn't getting to me. I can barely look at her for a second without feeling warm and fuzzy. It's cheesy but I didn't choose to feel that way. How the hell can I deal with her for three whole months without having a heart attack from the pure sweetness? 

"Alright, now that you all know what to do, I'll give you the rest of the class period to meet your partners and choose your seats. We only have three minutes left so I'd advise to just talk about your story ideas for now. And remember to use everything we learned about novels to write your own. Have fun!" 

You didn't even have to be able to see in order to notice all the eye-rolls everyone gave her. They actually do that a lot to mammals with positive energy...

All of a sudden my brain kicked back in and I realized spending time with Casey meant being next to her. And I didn't even have a second to prepare since I'm gonna have to move now.

I looked over at Casey still smiling at me. She made a gesture with her paw for me to come sit next to her.

Fantastic...

I waited for a bit. But I knew I had to move. So like I do with everything, I chose to get it done with. 

"Hi! Jack, right?" She greeted me before I could even sit down.

I just nodded as a reply. 

"You already know my name so I think we can get past the introductions." She waited for my response. Getting silence, she continued "So do you have any ideas for the book?"

I shook my head.

"That's fine. I'll probably get an idea soon anyway."

"You like writing books?" I blurted out. Sh*t.

Her face lit up when she heard that. I can't tell if it was because of the question or because I finally talked. 

"I absolutely love writing! It's so much fun to just get into a new world with new characters and new rules all made and controlled by you. It helps me vent so much when I write."

"Vent? You don't seem like you vent."

She giggled. "Yeah, you wouldn't really think that, would you? But surprise surprise, I'm still a living being! So obviously I have to let my feelings out one way or another. I just choose to do it when no one's around." 

"Doesn't it ever feel lonely? You're practically screaming everything into a void."

"That's where the writing part comes. I journal my thoughts. That way it makes me feel like I'm trusting someone with all my hardships even if it's just me in the battlefield."