DRACULA - Chapter One

~Casey~

I sat down on my desk, trying to find something to write about. Unfortunately, my brain sucks and I couldn't do anything but sit down and slam my head on the table in frustration. I was an online author, mammals pay me to make books and I'd make them. I'd stay at home not too professional but hey, I still get paid an in all honesty, that's enough for me. In fact, it can sometimes be fun. I just stay at home and type away at my computer, letting all my ideas flow out. However, it's not so fun when I have writer's block.

It's hard to find something to write about when your life is boring as heck. It's barely ever interesting. I don't even go out much so I guess it's partly my bad.

Partly.

I let out a lonely sigh. "Maybe a walk might help..."

I opened the door and left my apartment.

It wasn't cold in Zootopia, far from it actually. It was summer and the air felt warm. Every breeze that came in only made it worse. I was in a light dress and even then I felt miserable. The heat made me feel worse than before I left my cozy home.

I walked down the street and to an empty alleyway. It was dark, no lights were brightening it up but I could still see in it due to the moon's light and my night vision. Sometimes, it's nice to be a fox.

Out of curiosity, I walked through it. It didn't feel too scary, I always liked the dark anyway. Still, I was cautious. It was night and mammals aren't too friendly during that time. I knew that few mammals ever came here in this alley, but it doesn't hurt anyone to be a little wary. Well, it doesn't hurt anyone besides whoever might try to attack me. I'm not that strong so it's actually better if I'm careful here. I probably should've brought a weapon with me...Oh well, too late for that now.

As I walked deeper and deeper, I felt something cold slither its way over to me. It felt as if I was being watched by someone, by something. My senses grew sharper as I was questioning if I should go back the way I came from.

A stick cracked.

I turned around but nothing was there. Strange...

I kept walking until I reached a dead end.

Welp, time to go back the way I came from

Before I could move a step in the opposite direction, I heard a snicker.

"Well, would you look at that. Finally, the world has pity on me." A voice came.

It was a male's, not too deep but at the same time not too high.

I jumped in surprise.

"W-who's there!?" I asked.

"Someone hungry." they responded.

"I started to walk away but I came to a dead stop as I saw something in front of me.

"Where do you think you're going, hm?"

Yellow eyes. Bright yellow eyes. They glittered, standing out in the dark. I figure stood before me, blocking the way out. I could tell by his ears that he was some sort of rabbit, but his size was unusually large. He was much taller than me, taller than any rabbit I've ever seen.

He chuckled.

"Well looks like my wish has been granted. Do you know how long I've waited for something good to eat?" he marveled as he walked closer to me.

I backed up.

"St-stay back...Please, don't hurt me..."

"Hurt you? Hah, don't worry, I won't hurt you! Not too much, at least!"

Even in the dark, I could see him grinning. His teeth weren't even of prey animals, seemed more like a predator.

He came closer. And closer. And closer.

I decided to take a chance.

Instantly I sprinted away from him.

"COME BACK HERE!" I heard him yelling.

For some reason, I couldn't run properly. I was always clumsy, but never this much! I kept on tripping, luckily never falling though. Unfortunately, he caught up to me, surprising me. He was somehow in front of me. He tried grabbing me but I managed to turn around in time and run the other way.

Only when it was too late, I realized how stupid that was. I was going right back to the dead end I came from. Smart move, ain't it? Great job, me...

It didn't take him long to catch up to me. He seemed pretty upset and before I could even think of doing anything, grabbed me by my wrists and slammed me against the wall, pinning me.

"You're making me work way too hard for this, ya know? Now, stop fighting, and I'll make it quick."

I squirmed around, trying to escape, but his grip was way too strong.

I saw him come closer to me, specifically towards my neck. I could see his fangs glimmering in the moonlight. I went limp. I closed my eyes and took to my last resort.

"Please...don't hurt me...please." I begged. "I-I'll do anything, just please let me go..."

I could feel myself shivering, tears were falling down my cheeks.

"Please let me go...Please...Just let me go..." my voice became scratchy and weak. I was sure this was it. This was the end.

However, that wasn't the case.

I felt my wrists free, nothing was holding them. I opened my eyes to find him a few steps away from me. His head was lowered as he focused on the ground, not making any eye contact.

"Go." he said.

In shock, I stood there. Was this actually happening? Or was he just waiting to jumpscare me? Is it the calm before the storm? Or is he really letting me go.

"Well, didn't you hear me?" his head raised as he looked towards me. "Go and don't come back! Before I change I my mind!"

His yelling seemed to snap me out of my trance and I took no hesitation in running away from him. There was a corner near-by where I stood, overhearing what he was saying to himself.

I heard weird sounds...

Sounds of...pain...

I peaked over and saw him sitting down, curled up on a ball. He looked hungry. I small lizard ran past him. I saw his eyes glow. In the blink of an eye, his paw had went straight for it, claw killing the small creature. His fangs sank in, most likely drinking the blood.

"Not enough." I heard him whisper to himself "Not enough..."

He curled up even more, hugging his stomach in pain.

I felt...bad...

He was just hungry. He needed food.

The sun started rising, causing me to question when exactly I left my apartment.

I saw him crawl under a rectangular hole, leading to who knows where.

I quickly got an idea of what to do.

I should probably give him something to eat, to thank him!

Sadly, I doubt he'd come out right now. Guess it's gonna have to wait for tomorrow night.

As I walked back home, my brain started to function again and I stopped dead in my tracks realizing what happened.

"Wait...DID I JUST MEET A FREAKIN' VAMPIRE!?"

Time for a facepalm.

Author: So yep I loved slapping Stephanie What's-Her-Name aka the creator of Twilight in the face by creating Jacey and proving that a 13 year old can make a better ship than a freakn adult and I thought "Hm, why not give another slap in the face?" So what better to start off these OneShots than with a vampire love story? One that's not cringy! :D Well, not too badly, anyway. But yeah I made the chapter. This is also a slap in the face to Ari since she didn't believe me when I said I could make a chapter in a day so HA TAKE THAT FLUQER! >:D Anywho, hope y'all enjoyed this! Author Out! *dabs*