Opposites Attract - Chapter One

~Jack~

Our school is absolutely Zootopia's finest. It must be due to how expensive it is to get into here. The tuition's over $40,000, I don't know the exact amount but that's none of my business, it's my parents'. They're the ones paying for it, not me.

I have to say, I'm lucky. Not just me, but everyone going to this school. You can probably tell this isn't a high school for everyday middle-class folks. If you wanna be here, you gotta have the money. If you don't, well that's your problem.

My parents are both stinking rich. My dad's a businessmammal, working hard 24/7. He's the CEO of a food company, one that I don't care too much about to know the name. My mom is also a CEO, except she's in the fashion industry and owns her garment factory. Both of them are millionaires, living great lives, just not together.

They're divorced.

Apparently, it was a love marriage that lost its spark. They had married when they were young and in love and had started focusing on their careers at the same time. That's what drew them apart. They never had enough time for each other and grew distant.

Eventually, arguments began. I was only six when it started so I don't remember much of what happened. I just know from my parents that they had gotten tired of the fact that neither can just sit down and relax. Both had busy schedules and whenever they had some free time, it'd be spent sleeping instead of catching up with each other. Nothing was working.

They decided to split when I was nine years old. The day it happened, I never even knew that was the last time I'd see my family together, even if they hadn't been that close before.

My mom is now a single female still working on her career. She loves it when I visit her and I'll admit, I feel much more welcomed there, but she can't be the one to take care of me since her day was full enough. It made me feel slightly neglected at first, but eventually, I stopped caring.

My dad has a girlfriend. They started dating when I was eleven. He's able to spend much more time with her since she works as his assistant in his job. I would've been fine with it but his girlfriend absolutely hates me. Probably since I'm the kid of his ex-wife. Things haven't worked out for me since she started living with us, too. She always acts like she controls the house when my dad isn't around and constantly blames things on me. Even though my dad says he loves me, he always takes her side.

I found out two years later she was cheating on him. She only wanted him for his wealth, she didn't really love him. I caught her in the middle of the act with her secret boyfriend. That was probably what ruined the little innocence I had left.

Like the idiot I was, I told her I was telling my dad about her affair. That gave her the perfect chance to manipulate me, as well. She told me of how my dad would never believe me, how he doesn't love me enough to trust me over her. She convinced me that he'd kick me out if I ever accused something so hideous of her to do. She managed to shut me up.

As much as I hate to admit it, she was right. My dad would never believe me over her. He just wouldn't.

I don't trust love. It's fake.

My parents stopped liking each other. They say they love me yet they don't have time for me. My dad's new girlfriend is cheating on him and my dad loves her more than me. 

If love was this strange, I'd rather not get involved in it. 

But anyway, I don't have to care about this whatnot. I'm sixteen and old enough to take care of myself. Although I still have to live with my dad and that stupid girl he likes, I don't have to deal with them. I barely even have to see him! He's always busy and his girl doesn't want anything to do with me so she avoids me. Either way, I get money from both my parents and can do whatever I want with them. I don't even have to worry about the future since I'll either just take over my mom or my dad's jobs.