Chapter 8 : chasing visions of our futures

Once I had been released from the attack animal known as Jack Barakat, I took a deep breath and tried to relax my muscles, only to tense up slightly again when CC quickly replaced him. However, CC just stood in front of me with his arms open.

I gave him a grin and a brief hug, anxiously darting my eyes around the room of people in attempt to find Rian, who smiles warmly when he sees me and makes his way over.

I attach myself slightly to him, digging my nails into his side when I hid in it, the anxiety of all these people around kicking up to 100.

Rian rubs a small circle in my back and leads me to the front yard where the moving van is, even if it's just to get me out into air. Out there is who I can only assume to be Andy's son and his boyfriend, who were both laughing as they spoke.

"oh, hey, Miles, right?"

He turns his head and my eyes widen slightly at seeing Colby Brock.

"Rian, wrong one, that's his boyfriend, I think." I blurt before I even think and once the realization hits me,  I bite the inside of my cheek, trying to calm myself down before I had a melt down.

"uh..yeah, I'm Colby, Miles' boyfriend.."

The one I know is Miles, gives Rian a small smile, pushing his beanie back down on his head and sticking his hand out.

"I'm Miles, sorry to ask but do y'all have like coffee? Dad woke me, or us way too early for this shit and inside is too much energy."

Rian chuckles and nods, pulling out his phone and texting someone, who turns out to be Alex and he shouts his annoyance from the doorway.

I glance around and am slightly surprised that none of the neighbors have come out to spy on our loudness.

It takes a while for everyone to start getting things in and when we have half of it in, it's about 12:30. Alex orders 6 pizzas for everyone to share - 3 cheese, a Hawaiian (which caused a 20 minute debate), a meat lovers, and last a taco pizza. We also order cheesy bread stick things, two two liters of Sunkist and A&W root beer and then sent Zack to go pick up paper plates, plastic cups, and napkins.

The pizzas took nearly two hours to get there and Zack and I just finished setting up the dining room table when the door bell rang. Jack, Alex, and Jinxx all were helping Scarlett set up her room while Andy, CC, Rian, and Jake set up mine.

I allowed Rian to take care of setting it up because I trusted him the most not to do something weird like draw a dick on my wall and the other three were recruited to help put up a semi-design. I would be doing the rest later once I get more stuff.

Miles and Colby were in the kitchen putting away boxes and as I said, Zack and I were left to set up the dining room. I definitely wouldn't have thought I'd be doing this sort of thing a year ago but, here I am.

"please tell me that's pizza, this bitch is starving!" I hear Alex yell from upstairs and I laugh, looking over to Zack who makes his way to the front door. He opens it and sure enough, it's the pizza. The teenager delivering looks mildly suprised and is staring directly at me. I raise an eyebrow and wave as they stutter out the total to Zack, who hands over the money and takes the food, recruiting my help silently.

Alex comes barreling down the stairs yelling fuck yes as I close the front door, the neon-haired teen slowly retreating to a rusty colored ford truck that looked like it was falling apart.

------------------------------

I was de-socializing for the day, essentially recharging. I had plopped onto my bed with my headphones in and the entirety of the Entertainment album by Waterparks on repeat.

Cal had been 100% right, this band was amazing.

So, I texted them for the first time since adding them into my contacts this morning.

Sep - Hey! This is September from the park this morning :) u were totally right I love waterparks now <3

Cal - yes! I knew u would >:) how are u btw

Sep - p good have my room half set up now :))

Cal - oo u should let me see

I stood up and took three or four pictures of the room, sending them over. The three dots that indicated that Cal was typing popped up three or four times. I stared at them, anxious to see her response. I don't know why I felt so nervous for her response, isn't like she'd ever judge the room or even be in it anytime soon.

Cal - bro wtf why does ur room look so safe and comfy?? That bed looks SOFT

Sep - it is :P and it's all mine

Cal - it's big enough for both of us lemme snuggle up in there bro it'll be the best night of my life

Sep - ayyo wut

Cal - omfg not like that!! Just like cuddles broski

Cal - unless u want it to be like that;)

Sep - woah woah flirting?? At least buy me dinner first >;)

Cal - hmm

Sep - kidding of course. U can come cuddle in this soft ass bed anytime :)

Cal - really??

Sep - sure

Cal - well, dear I would love to but the home maiden (my mother) calls me for dinner and I mustn't flirt with thine lady of fine comfort

Sep - aw man :( okay well I should probably go socialize before Jack dies from no attention. I'll text later Cali

Cal - yep >:)

Sighing, I put my phone down and stare at my ceiling for a bit. I hadn't noticed until now but my face had gotten really hot over the course of the conversation and I now wished it would go away because over the sound of Awsten Knight singing was Jack and Rian yelling karaoke down stairs. I picked up Scarlett's voice somewhere in there as she yelled for them to chill out.

I smile a little at the clear dynamics already showing themselves. Scar seemed to really fit in here and I'm really happy for her.

I just hoped I could eventually get that too. Even if it wasn't here, I wanted that feeling of home.