Room Partners[Hardik-Bhuvi]

Hardik had always been over-dramatic, a little annoying, prankster, fun-loving, hardcore party animal. Only a few people knew how to tame him and Bhuvi happened to be one of them.

Bhuvneshwar was the complete opposite of how you would describe Hardik. He was sensible, quiet, and had this adorable child-ness to him.

Nobody from the team could ever imagine a friendship brewing between Harry and Bhuvi and neither did they but you know, in friendship one has to be smart for the other to be dumb.

Bhuvi and Hardik were the room partners for this series. They only knew each other as team members. They never really talked off-field.

Hardik was in a gloomy mood. He was paired up with Bhuvneshwar Kumar, that kid barely spoke off-field. He needed someone like Virat, Jaddu, or Shikhar, someone with the same level of craze and energy as his to be his roommate so that they could have fun together and plan some mischiefs. He tried his best, even begged Mahi Bhai holding his legs and rolling on the floor but Mahi Bhai was firm on his decision and Hardik was stuck with boring Bhuvi.

Bhuvi was in the same despair. He was paired up with Harry, that guy was a little too loud, really outspoken, and tactless. Bhuvi preferred someone like Jinks who was as calm as him and preferred silence.

Bhuvi entered the room to see Harry already stretched on the bed, his bed. He went towards him and gently said, " that is my bed. You could take the other one."

Harry would have easily taken the other bed, it was no issue but he really wanted a reaction from the calm Bhuvi so he refused to budge.

"Nah man, I am good here. You could take the other one." he spoke lazily leaning back.

Sighing, Bhuvi decided it was no use to argue with him and took the other bed and started reading the book he had kept on the nightstand.

Harry was just as disappointed but he was determined. He continued staring at the poor soul.
Sensing a continuous gaze, Bhuvi turned to look at Hardik and raised his eyebrows in a questioning manner.

"I was wondering what you are reading." Harry replied.

"Oh it's Jeffrey Archer." answered Bhuvi, a bit confused on since when books interested Harry.

"Can I look at it?", he spoke, his eyes gleaming in a manner that screamed danger.
That cautioned Bhuvi but he decided on passing him the book nevertheless. What harm could Hardik do to a book anyways?
He hesitantly handed the book to him.

Hardik being the over-excited kid he is, snatched the book from him which resulted in the tearing of the book cover.

Bhuvi's eyes widened in horror and so did Hardik's.

"What have you done?" cried Bhuvi grabbing the torn book from his hands and examining it.

Harry who had been quiet till now was proud of himself for getting such a major reaction from a tranquil Bhuvi. Though it was completely unintentional it worked and he was wearing the proud smile on his face too like a badge.

So when Bhuvi looked at him with fury-filled eyes it turned into confusion. Why would anyone be smiling after this, this?

"Why are you smiling?" Bhuvi questioned glaring at him.

"you reacted." answered Harry.

The answer bewildered Bhuvi even more. Who wouldn't?

"Everyone in the team says you're the calm one. It's difficult to get a reaction from you but look I did." Harry continued brightly.

That sobered Bhuvi very quickly.
He quietly turned away from him and laid on his bed.

"Bhuvi I am sorry, I'll buy you another book from John Archer." Harry spoke after a few minutes.

Before Bhuvi could control, a chuckle left his lips. He couldn't really stay mad at anyone and moreover, this was Hardik.

Hardik was indeed tactless and drama queen but he was pure at heart. He did do some overly stupid things sometimes but he would do anything for his family and friends. He was the over-enthusiastic one but he knew exactly how to dissolve the grimness in the surrounding. 

And now if you ask Bhuvi, he wouldn't wanna change a thing because Hardik wouldn't be Hardik without these.

Hardik always blended with the people like him. He had indeed taken many rash decisions. But since the time he met Bhuvi, he came more in control. His perceptions about things changed a lot. He started assessing his decisions much more calmly. Bhuvi was there to listen to his nonsense rants when no one else paid him attention. He saved him from getting into trouble. 

He was his best friend.

" Are you still mad at me?" asked Harry.

"Good night Hardik." was all he heard but he could hear him smiling.

"Good night Bhuvi." he grinned too as he laid.

When the two came laughing next morning, a lot people's eyes almost popped out. That was the beginning of an extraordinary friendship.