Smile[Rohit-MS]

Mahi was sitting on the small stool waiting for his order of coffee for 45 minutes now. The chef had run to watch her favorite cartoon previously but now returned in the intermission and was currently struggling with the order.

The doorbell of his house rang and Sakshi ran towards the door.
When she opened the door, a gasp left her mouth.

"SURPRISE." the other person screamed.

"Rohit, tum yaha! kaise ?" Sakshi asked him in astonishment as she stepped aside to let him in and side hugged him.

[you here! How?]

"I was missing you all so I came to surprise you guys." Rohit replied cheerfully.

Sakshi smiled at him.

"Ro chachu." screamed Ziva as she happily ran straight into his arms.

As soon as she heard his voice, the cooking game was long forgotten.

" hi Ziva, what's up champ?" Rohit asked her.

The customer also went in the direction where the chef ran leaving him waiting and was surprised to say the least.
Rohit and Ziva were happily chatting and Sakshi had gone to make some real coffee.

"Rohit." 

As soon as Rohit heard his voice, he looked up and smiled his biggest smile. He went towards him and hugged him tightly.

Mahi hugged him back tightly with a fond smile on his face.
"Rohit what are you doing here kiddo?" Mahi asked him gently.

Rohit was always a bit timid when it came to sharing his feelings. He never wanted to talk about it. Only a few knew how to read Rohit Sharma and Mahi knew him the best. He had his ways of expressing. And him suddenly coming to his house was his way of assurance.

Rohit was his first kid. He was the first one who made him feel protective of the youngsters in the team. Virat had instantly gelled up with everyone when he came into the team but with Rohit it was different, he was shy and awkward. And looking at him, Mahi felt as if it was his responsibility to make the kid feel comfortable. Mahi had passed him a reassuring smile when their eyes connected in the team room and Rohit had felt a little at peace.

Mahi never really needed to explain things to him, he only gave him a comforting smile and Rohit knew he will be okay.

The bad phase when Rohit wasn't scoring runs was the hardest time for him. His place in the team wasn't fixed and that terrified him. He was sitting alone on the terrace that night and Mahi had come looking for him. He sighed in relief when he saw him. He sat near him and again passed him the same reassuring smile and Rohit knew everything will be okay.

When Mahi Bhai dropped the bomb on him that he will be opening the match, Rohit was horror-stricken. Mahi had yet again passed him a comforting smile and Rohit knew he could do it.

Today was no different. Something was bothering him and that is why he came all the way from Mumbai just for that reassuring smile.

"Nothing I just missed you." he said quietly, his voice muffled against Mahi's shirt.

Mahi only tightened his hold on him. After a few minutes, both of them went towards the open garden area and sat down looking at the sunset. Sakshi came with two cups of coffee for them and left to give the two some privacy.

Rohit took a sip of coffee and sighed in contentment. Mahi was intently looking at him.

He had grown so much in these years. He was his kiddo and now he has his own. Mahi had seen Rohit take young members of the team on dinners. He had seen him motivating them. Giving them tips and tricks. Listening to their complaints. Comforting them. And he was extremely proud of him. The way he had evolved over time.

The evening was passed in the lawn looking at the sunset and catching up on things. They also had a complaint session where Rohit gave his versions of things that happened with Virat which were mostly what an inconsiderate prick Virat was.

The dinner was a similar affair. They ate together, Sakshi made all his favorite dishes and Rohit made sure to sent pictures of the amazing dishes and him with Mahi Bhai to Virat.

Virat had later called whining about what a horrible friend Rohit was for not even asking him to accompany and left alone and got to eat yummy dishes and meet him. Mahi Bhai had a hard time stopping Virat from booking flight tickets and explaining that he could come after the series.

When Rohit was leaving for the guest room to sleep. Mahi Bhai gave him a comforting hug and a heartening smile and Rohit yet again knew everything will be alright. He smiled back.