My Favorite Person[Virat-Rahul]

Rahul was laying on his bed staring at the ceiling lost.

This time was the hardest for him, he had some family problems to take care of and on top of that he wasn't doing good in cricket. He wasn't scoring runs and right now his place in the team wasn't fixed as well. It was so much for him to take at a time and all this had put him in a tremendously bad mood.

He had become even more snappy and cranky. Mayank wasn't there to handle him and Harry was extremely irritating and didn't understand the concept of space. All the other team members gave him sympathetic smiles and maintained a slight distance understanding his need for span but Virat had always been an exception. He knew what the kid felt and had tried to make a cheering atmosphere around him.

Virat opened the room with a bang and saw Rahul lying on the bed looking like a long-lost lover.

He sighed and sat near him and spoke excitingly, " Rahuliya, come let's go and eat some ice cream. Harry told me about a nice ice cream corner. It's been a while since the two of us went to eat."

" I don't want to eat ice cream." Rahul replied very plainly.

"oh come on, don't be a spoilsport." said Virat, desperately trying to get him out of the stupid hotel room.

Rahul knew how pursuing Virat could be. He loved it when Virat's complete attention was on him but today wasn't that day. He wanted to be alone and Virat's continues pleads weren't helping, it was only irritating him further. Though he would never be that hard on him, it just slipped.

"I don't want to go out anywhere then why are you continuously annoying me." snapped Rahul very harshly.

Virat was stunned. He knew that it was his anger speaking and tried to stay calm but couldn't help but feel hurt at his words.

" Rahul, going out would make you feel better." Virat tried again, this time more gently.

" no it wouldn't but you know what would? You leaving me alone right now.", snarled Rahul.

This was the last straw. Virat couldn't listen anymore. His words had wounded him in a bad way. So without saying anything he ran out of the room and Rahul looked at him helpless and guilty instantly, feeling horrible about hurting him.

He wanted to run behind him and plead to forgive him but he stopped himself and decided he would apologize in the morning and give Virat and himself some time to let it sink in a bit.

Boy, he was wrong.

Rahul might be the ardent follower but Virat was the president of the overthinkers club and that is why that night, he decided not to talk to Rahul at all.

........

The next morning Rahul deliberately came early and sat near Virat. He wished him good morning but the latter just nodded in acknowledgment. Rahul knew this time it was going to be a difficult task.

Everyone from the team knew something was wrong between the captain and his kid but they decided to watch it rom afar and let them settle the matter among themselves

"We are very sorry sir, but the dish you ordered couldn't be made." the manager apologized.

"you could share with me." Rahul offered him hopefully.

Virat ignored him and asked the manager, "it's alright. What's available?"

"right now we have pav bhaji sir." said the manager, nervously.

"I'll have it." said Virat at once without thinking about his diet.

Everyone on the table almost choked on their breakfast and Harry purposely spilled the glass of milk to add more chaos.