TWELVE - Letting Go 💔

Date published: 211025

Edited: 220909

☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️

Sowon comes home with such a ruckus mess of people moving back and forth. The preparation for the party is nearly complete and she can see that it was not a small formal party like Aunty Lee mentioned before, it will be a grand one.

"Lady Sowon, get ready upstairs and wear the clothes that have already been prepared for you okay? You should wear that for the party tonight." - One of the younger maids that walks passing by her reminds her.

Sowon just nodded, not knowing how to respond. She climbs the stairs and walks straight to her room. It is almost 7 PM already and she gets ready to attend the party that is about to begin at 8:30 PM. While she takes her time to get ready, her mind wanders to her conversation with Sehun a while ago. Sowon stays for quite some period this evening at Sehun's house before she gets home;

☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️

"What happened? I don't understand this. Can you explain to me?" - Sehun asks Sowon with what's in his head like a bullet train.

"About what? That guy?" - Sowon calmly asks back.

"Yes. What happened? They said you and him are related and he is going to inherit your family's company. Isn't it supposed to be you?" - Thousands of questions more are ready to be asked by Sehun.

"Not sure Sehun. I also don't know who is he in our family. They never said I'm going to inherit anything. Plus, I don't even want to. The business is quite fishy and I don't want to do business. And our family." - She pauses for a while before she continues;

"Our family..... It is complicated." - Sowon sighs.

"Tell me Sowon. Please treat me like your comfy place. I won't judge you." - Sehun runs his hands through his hair.

They were at Sehun's house because Sowon doesn't want to go home earlier nor she wants to ask what this ruckus is all about from her father or even from her older brother. They took a sit on one of the benches in Sehun's garden that always looks 10 times prettier during the sunsets every evening.

"Are you sure you can handle everything if I told you all about it?" - Sowon asks Sehun.

Sehun nods with a sunken eyes. Making sure she is confident with him.

"Sure then if you insist."

Sowon then gulps her saliva before she starts;

"The family......... It was always off ever since I was a kid, Sehunnie. I never felt like I got a family at all. My father never allowed me to call him "father" or any other endearing name with the same meaning as that. He always wanted me to call him President Park. It's always been "President Park" for me ever since I was a kid. Also, I never had a mom figure beside me. I was told that my mom died when I was 4-year-old and I don't remember her that much. The memories of her seem too vague in my mind. I don't even remember her face in my mind if it's not because of the portrait she and my father had in our house." - Sowon stops for a while.

Her gaze goes down and she looks at her hands that Sehun grabs tightly in his.

"You know Sehunnie, I was raised in the countryside of Jeonju and only moved here after my mom passed away. My brother, who also seems way too old to be a brother to me, had a wife before. They used to have a pair of kids. A girl and a boy. But, the boy died just a few months after he was born. After I moved into the house, his ex-wife treats me like her own daughter. She always told me that I reminded her of her late son because we got the same birthdate. Funny is it that a mom and a mother-in-law gave birth to a baby on the same day right?" - She chuckles.