❁ Nikolai Augustus Flame ❁

... created for The Clipping Of Angel Wings, by Alabaster_Plays

Role: The Prince Of Hate

Full Name: Nikolai Augustus Flame

Nickname: Niko to many. To family, Nero, as in the Emperor who played the fiddle while Rome burned 

Gender: Male

Sexuality: Heterosexual

Face Claim: Matthew Daddario

Hair Color: Black

Eye Color: Hazel

Personality: Nikolai is the youngest of the three Princes that call the Underworld home. He is the embodiment of all the pain, grief, and injustice his mother has seen throughout her lifetime. He also inherited her desire to avenge wrongs and see that those who harm him or anyone he loves suffer ten-fold. Nikolai represents the sins of wrath and greed. He is smart, ambitious, cunning, but more so than any of the others in his family, his desire to make others pay for their "sins" is almost sadistic. He takes genuine pleasure in inflicting pain and torment upon those who deserve it, a representation of what his mother's job would be in the Underworld. Unlike his mother, he doesn't see things in shades of grey. Once someone has lost his trust or sparked his wrath, there is no forgiveness without atonement. 

When he was very young, Nikolai made the mistake of falling in love with a beguiling angel who committed the ultimate betrayal. The peace between the heavens and the Underworld was almost severed when he destroyed her. Since then, he has an inability to love or form bonds with others, as he assumes his mother is right in thinking these emotions are a weakness to be overcome. He both gravitates toward and despises those who remind him of her. 

Nikolai is temperamental, unforgiving, and mercurial. Some even believe he's mad. He is the more introverted and difficult to read of all the siblings, fond of wandering off on his own. Underneath the exterior, he's an incredibly tormented soul who grieves the loss of his father and the only person he ever dared to love. 

Power: Emotional Manipulation