❁ Chaol Westfall ❁

...from Love Island: Season 2, hosted by SlytherclawGirl2

Author's Note: This character wasn't originally created by me. He appears in the Throne Of Glass series by Sarah J. Maas. This is my modern interpretation of the character. 

Name: Chaol Westfall 

Faceclaim: Nathaniel Buzolic

Age: 26

Gender: Male (He/Him) 

Sexuality: Heterosexual

Job: Police Officer (Cyberterrorism Investigator)

Personality: Chaol is the dark and brooding kind of guy, haunted by the demons of his past. He can be snappy, sarcastic, and anti-social one day and the life of the party the next. He doesn't have many people he considers true friends. Those he does, he's extremely loyal to and would do anything for. Love Island may be a challenge for him because he's not a player or a heartbreaker.  He's steadfast, has a romantic side, but can be emotionally inaccessible and not the easiest guy to get to know at the start. 

Backstory: Growing up, Chaol always preferred being outside roughhousing and playing sports than keeping his nose in a book. A natural introvert, he was always content with being in nature, working out, playing video games, and listening to music. A fairly well-adjusted and well-liked guy in high school, he opted out of further education and instead joined the Marines. It was a natural fit for his temperament and athletic abilities. He began to consider military life as a career path instead of a stepping stone to whatever he wanted to do with his life. 

Chaol injured his right shoulder, the muscles connecting his arm to his spine becoming temporarily paralyzed after he tripped over a giant rock and fell. His weapon accidentally discharged and a bullet to the shoulder earned him an honorable discharge. The loss of his career and his ability to live his life in a normal,  independent way sent him into a depression. He channeled all his emotion into recovering his physical strength but never dealt with the emotional aftermath. 

Chaol still occasionally suffers from weakness in his right arm, which frustrates him. He has a small scar on his right temple and has grown his hair out to hide it. 

In time, Chaol found a career in law enforcement, but his medical history quickly put him on desk duty. He transferred his childhood love of video games to computers. He now works on a task force dedicated to fighting cyber-terrorism. If he can't protect others physically, he wants to find other ways to accomplish that. Chaol is still addicted to the gym and may be the only one on the show who uses it religiously.

Chaol and Dorian practically grew up together. Chaol was always the "big brother", the more dominant presence physically. Military life and his injuries caused him to shut the world out, but Dorian is one of the few people he trusted to see him. 

Reason For Coming On Love Island: Chaol wants to settle down, marry, and have a family eventually. Unfortunately, he sucks at dating. The part where you have to open up and be vulnerable with another person is hard for him. He kind of hopes there's someone who's a match for him, and love is still an option in his life.