Ch. 22: You're...?

Then

"Ok, I'm here. What do you need help with?"

Jace looked up from pushing around the Apfelsniflings on his plate, sitting at the table he and Phoenix had sat at inside Worldwide. He had ordered them, but only rolled them around for the last half hour.

"It's a bit of a private thing. Can I get you a coffee or something to nibble on?" Jace pushed his plate across the table as an invitation to eat because his own appetite was gone.

"I ordered an iced tea at the counter while you played choo-choo train with your food."

"Ok, please eat. I can't stomach anything."

"Damn, this sounds serious. Fill me in." Chess swung his green hair out of his eyes and grabbed a dough ball, giving Jace his full attention.

"This is strictly confidential."

"I sort of figured that one out without you saying it. I'm not one to blab, which is why I guess you called me?"

Jace nodded and drew in a breath.

Ok, man up. Talk, and get some advice. That was the plan.

"I've found the Dominant I want, but I need some advice on how to proceed." That was the entire shitshow of it. That he wanted Phoenix, the Dominant.

"Dominant? I thought you were looking for a sub? You're a Switch?"

"Sub," Jace admitted, though when saying it to Chess it did not feel as humiliating as when admitting it to someone Dominant. Chess too was looking for his match and might understand that the search was difficult when you did not fit into the more common physical boxes for subs.

"I could have sworn you played both sides." Chess rubbed his chin while going through his meetings with Jace in his head, smearing powdered sugar all over his face. Nothing about him screamed one or the other. A switch made the most sense.

"I guess that's a fair assumption. I've done both, but I know what I want and who I want from the club."

"Oh, my God!" Chess exclaimed with joy and clapped his powdered sugar hands together. "Who is it? Is it Lady Gloria? I know she's eyed you a lot. It's not that I don't appreciate your company at the bar, but you became a member to find your match. Oh, could it be Madame Hedwig?"

"No, no." Jace just closed his eyes and swallowed the lump in his throat. "It's Mister P."

Chess visibly dropped his jaw.

"But... You're...?"

"Bisexual," Jace finished the sentence and looked up into Chess' brilliant, violet eyes. Eyes that were about to pop out of his head.

Taking in the conversation, Chess shook his head to clear his thoughts. Plenty of new information he had not seen coming, but he would never judge anybody who knew who they were and what they wanted. "But he's impossible. He doesn't play with anybody. I'm not even sure he wants to. Packard says he's worried about Mister P. a lot. He still does his work there, and his exhibits in implements are perfect, but he's been grumpier than ever, and he only shows up when he has to do a showcase or train new members."

"Yeah, I might be the reason for that," Jace admitted with a slight shrug. "You know he trained me while Lady Gloria and Packard were away?"

"Sure, most of us working there do, but not the members. Training is confidential, like everything else. He trains a lot of subs and Doms. That's why it's hard to pinpoint what people are, and he's a skilled teacher from what I've heard. But nobody's ever experienced him as a full Dom."