𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐘𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐇𝐀𝐒 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐃.

"And all I feel
In my stomach is butterflies
The beautiful kind, makin' up for lost time"
- Everything Has Changed, Taylor Swift ft. Ed Sheeran

Holly and Michael had adopted crazy work routines once they both found jobs in their respective areas of expertice. He had even got a high position as manager of a local printing company. It wasn't half as good as being the Regional right and, of course, people were not as amicable as his folks in Dunder Mifflin, but Holly had helped him to face all that through positive lenses. She could always make the best out of any situation; Gosh, he was so lucky to have her as his wife.

On the other hand, Holly had not had too much luck on her job hunting. She took a lot longer to find a work place because, for some weird reason, Boulder seemed to be full of HR representers and most companies weren't looking for replacements. But after a few months on the search, she finally found a small firm that soon hired her, obviously with the perfect recommendation letter of her previous boss, Michael Scott.

She wasn't one to make friends too quick, that was true, but it was easy to adapt at the small and fraternal environment. The few employees she had contact to on a daily basis were nice and had a very appropriate behavior, funny, but not invasive in any way, which was good, since Holly liked to keep her intimate and socil life separated from work; people there wouldn't even know she was married if it wasn't for the wedding ring on her finger.

So, there was a Pam... sort of. A nice secretary - Maya, a beautiful Argentinian with round hazel eyes and dark blonde hair - in her twenties, that wanted to major in Genetic Science and dated the Graphic Designer - George, tanned skin and always wearing a friendly smile - who worked on the first floor of the firm. He was tall and awkward and made very boring jokes that no one - other than his girlfriend - seemed to get. There was another man - Nick, typical boring white, straight, male - facing his quarter life crisis, which meant he spent basically his whole day on the HR office, asking for advices, even though she had mostly no idea of what to say. And finally, the ofice manager, Christine, who was about the same age as Holly, that loved to talk and was very quick on bonding with her employees. They all spent most part of their time playing cards and chitchatting on the breakroom and were averse to working in a very concerning level. That was pretty much Holly's circle of interaction.

- Don't you ever get too tired from taking no day off to yourself? Girl, I'd be dying if I was in your shoes. You've been working even on Saturdays... - Christine noted, clearly on a judging tone followed by a short laugh.

- I do get tired, but it's not like I can give myself the luxury of taking a day off, we spent almost all our saving on the new apartment and the wedding... You know how it goes... - Holly took a bite of her salad as they watched her for a second, until Nick was the one to break the silence.

- So, you and your husband basically will be working your asses off for years, until you even begin to make more plans? Yeck!

- It's... not that bad as you make it sound like! We just wanna steady things for a while. - At this point, she just received a bunch of doubtful faces. She stuffed more salad inside her mouth again to avoid the conversation, but no one on the table seemed to understand her awkwadness.

- At least you have a supportive patner. If I worked here on Saturdays, George would die. He doesn't know how to exist without me anymore.

- What?! No, I wouldn't die. - Geroge, whom was quiet and concentrated on his turkey sandwich until now, turned his eye sigh in Maya's direction, with a mad face.