𝐓𝐎 𝐁𝐔𝐈𝐋𝐃 𝐀 𝐇𝐎𝐌𝐄.

"And I built a home for you
For me
Until it disappeared."
- To Build A Home, The Cinematic Orchestra

- Holly moly, you will never guess what just happened while I was coming back from home! - The loud sound of Michael's jolly voice was impossible to ignore and every single day Holly would wait so anxiously for all that

- Holly moly, you will never guess what just happened while I was coming back from home! - The loud sound of Michael's jolly voice was impossible to ignore and every single day Holly would wait so anxiously for all that. The key unlocking the front door. His calm steps. The sensation of excitment as she could sense his approaching, walking upstairs and down the corridor. After moving to Colorado, getting a job that accepted both of them was impratical for so many reasons, so they could barely see each other during the day, except for lunch meeting and quick sex "encounters" in exciting inappropriate contexts. For some reason, those factors made things so thrilling for the couple, but there was no better feeling in the world than to go home and just be husband and wife.

- Holly? E.T, phone, Holly. - He mimicked. The woman immediately came back to reality from her moment of daydream, opening a huge smile and jumping at him for a tight hug.

- What took you so long? I missed you so much already. - There was that goofy smile dancing on her thin lips. - I was actually just about to call FBI to track you;

- Hello, Mrs. Scott? Here's agent Michael Scarn. I'm sorry to inform your husband has been killed by the Scranton Strangler. - He faked his character's tone of voice, while Holly faced him, blue eyes sparkling in pure admiration. He could always light her up like a Christmas tree, easy like that.

- Joke is on you, Mr. Scarn! I'm the Scranton Strangler! - She pointed finger guns at him and made shooting sounds as he performed a very dramatic fall on the bed.

Couple minutes later both were already cuddling under the sheets, Holly's delicate fingers playing with his and while she rested her head on his chest; Christ, she loved the feeling of her body pressed against his.

- I can't believe it's been almost three months since you became my wife... Time is passing by so fast... - She knew where that subject would take them to, again, and fighting was the last thing she wanted. - Don't you think maybe it's time for us to go see a doctor?

- A doctor? Woah, that conversation escalated fast...

- We just can't ignore this, alright? Just... Doesn't make any sense, I thought that was what we both wanted...

- I already told you before, there is nothing I want more in the world than to start our family. But I don't want this relationship to become an "A.J. situation". Remember? Let's not rush things... We still haven't stabilized our jobs and my mom has been going through a lot to take care of dad so I'm trying to be more present...

- So, no doctor?

- From, literally everything I said, that's all you've heard? Jeez, Michael! I'm not pregnant right now, we don't need a doctor.

- Okay, just... How can you be so sure all the time?

- Because I think I'd know if I was pregnant!

- Oh, Okay. But you know what? You don't even want to get pregnant, do you, Holly?! You just come up with some stupid excuses and I bet you're gonna wait until we're old and can't have kids anymore. Is that what you want?

- No, Michael, of course that's not what I want. You're just frustrated, please don't cry, I hate to see you cry...

- Then you should've thought better before hurting my feelings... - "But, Michael, I didn't mean to..." He pouted and started crying so loud and blowing his nose on a piece of paper. Damn it, he wished Kevin was there to make his monkey face, that would make him feel much better. - Maybe you are right, we shouldn't have kids right now... or we shouldn't have kids at all! Because you'd be a sucky mother, okay? And this whole situation is very sucky. - Michael wasn't brutal, or belligerent; he didn't yell at her at any point either, he would never do anything to hurt her. That was just a typical moment of eccentric Michael Scott trying to deal with a common grown up situation and, (not surprisingly), failing poorly.

And Holly knew that. She had married that man and accepted his qualities and defects, because he was everything to her and she loved him whole package included — crazy mimics, silly jokes, dorky moments and "that's what she said"s.

So when he stormed out of the bedroom and left the woman by herself in the room, she knew exactly what he was about to do. It would maybe take a few minutes, but he'd get back there.

Michael walked downstairs and made his way to the kitchen, starting to look for his box of colored chocolates. He firmly believed that the colors in each bonbon had the power to help him deal with different emotions.

- Ugh, okay, let's see... Maybe a yellow today. - He sat down on the ground, once he found the box, then started to name each of his favorites SNL comedians in alphabetical order, until he was finally back at his old self (but with the feeling terrible, of course, for the things he had said).

Holly was half asleep on the right side of the bed, but as soon as Michael walked in, her blue eyes met his, and he let go of a painful sigh for seeing her in such a vulnerable state (metaphorically and physically).

- Holly, I am so, so sorry. - She sat down on the bed and he sat right next to her, taking her delicate hands on his as if he tried to warm them up. - I was so out of line and I cannot and will not forgive myself for saying those things.

- Michael, it's okay... - The woman smiled weakly, shaking her head a few times.

- No, Holly, there is nothing okay about that, I am so ashamed of my words. I didn't mean any of that, I was so blinded by my stupid paranoia. I need you to look at me... I, Michael Scott, have never, in my whole life, loved anything or anyone as much as I love you, Holly Scott. You have filled my life with joy and warmth from the moment we first met and if there's one thing I'm 100% sure of, is that you will be an amazing mom. And you know how I know that? Because marrying you was the best choice I've ever made, when I saw you walking down that aisle... God, I was suddenly filled with a sense of peace and joy so powerful that I just knew marrying you was my faith and my happy ever after. - His voice failed now and them, as his eyes would start to tear along with Holly's.

She cleared her throat and smiled softly at him, before using one of his funny voices to speak, a hoarse tone.

- Well, well, well. You silly old bastard! How dare you make this lady cry?

- Oh, you beautiful old bastard, I just want to remind my lady of how much I love her.

- And how much is that?

- Aaall that much.

- Aaall that much?

- No, aaaaall that much.

And so they kept going back and forth with that statement until one of them — it didn't even matter which one, at this point — just pulled the other for a kiss as they started to undress.

❪ ❦ ❫

- We just had make up sex. That was an interesting first, I've never done it before... - Holly was panting, staring at the ceiling with Michael right next to her, his eyes focused on the woman.

- Yeah, but I didn't like the first married fight part, though.

- I know, honey. It was hard, but we got through it. - She sighed, before dodging her gaze to face his. It was noticeable how a smile blossomed on his face. He wanted to say something and was reluctant to, but she giggled and nodded, in agreement. - Go ahead, say it.

- ... That's what she said! - Michael laughed loud, which just made Holly laugh equally hard.