The Letter

One week before my eighteenth birthday I received a wedding invitation from my own fiance, along with a letter that read:

Dear Nathaniel

I can imagine that your mind is going to be flooded with questions, which is completely understandable. I know this must come as a huge shock but I am to be wed on the fourteenth and I hope that you will be able to attend. I know that we have been engaged since we were kids and it crushes me that you have to be informed this way. I just could not bear to see the sadness in your eyes when you have come to learn of this. I know it has only been a year since we parted, but during that time, I have found my true love and I wish to start our life together. Please do not hate me for this selfish decision I have made, and please do not hate my soon to be husband for I love him dearly.

Now let's push that fakeness to the side...

Nate, I want to thank you for putting up with my selfishness when I was young and agreeing to marry me. I really did love you and wanted to marry you but during this last year I did fall in love and I will marry him. Though I hoped that you would be a little jealous, I know it is probably far from the truth. If anything you're more than thrilled to find this out because I know you never loved me as anything more than a friend or family member. Such a good friend, that you were willing to put up with me being your wife just so you could please me. Thank you for that. I will always love you of course, you mean everything to me.

Oh and by the way I found out you were gay two years ago, when I caught you in the middle of pleasing yourself with a magazine full of sexy men. I was shocked, hurt, and confused but I easily accepted it, and yet I still planned to make you mine and declared to myself that I would turn you straight. Well that's not happening now is it. I hope you don't hate me too much.

I can't wait to see you!

Love ya!

Mia